Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

2017 Playoffs or Henny is Fired

Don't say that. People on here would seriously become suicidal if AG got traded. You saw how they reacted to Dipo leaving, multiply that by 10 for AG. We could get Griffin for AG and people would complain on here.

If it's for an elite game changing player, I wouldn't complain at all.

Don't say that. People on here would seriously become suicidal if AG got traded. You saw how they reacted to Dipo leaving, multiply that by 10 for AG. We could get Griffin for AG and people would complain on here.

Eh. Not with Ibaka

Only when you choose not to see anything but and ignore how you get there.

We've been flipping gm's and coaches for decades. Crap has to stop eventually. You gotta be at the right place at the right time a lot in life to get those results.

Being patient is what determines if that right time and right place even comes. Do you think if you fire Henny and hire another gm than bam, a superstar appears?

Your argument is pretty much have patience for the sake of having patience. I feel like this front office has had extreme patience with Rob Hennigan and this rebuild process. But understand the past four seasons have been the worst four year stretch in Orlando Magic history, our all time record as a franchise has dropped below .500 during this time. During this time we had to witness our in state rival win two championships as well, which I'm sure didn't sit well with the big wigs here.

We know that more than anything, this organization wants to win a championship before Rich DeVos dies. We had an opportunity with Dwight and botched it and now we've botched the rebuild process. Sure, luck has a thing to do with it but five years of lottery ball is certainly enough to warrant change. Especially in this situation. I think everyone is tired of rebuilding and wants to win. Henny has to deliver or otherwise we'll look for a different voice in the FO. The Ibaka trade shows the kind of pressure Henny is under as well, I don't think he makes that deal two years ago. This is the first true gamble he's made in a trade and I like the guts, let's see how it plays out.

Your argument is pretty much have patience for the sake of having patience. I feel like this front office has had extreme patience with Rob Hennigan and this rebuild process. But understand the past four seasons have been the worst four year stretch in Orlando Magic history, our all time record as a franchise has dropped below .500 during this time. During this time we had to witness our in state rival win two championships as well, which I'm sure didn't sit well with the big wigs here.

We know that more than anything, this organization wants to win a championship before Rich DeVos dies. We had an opportunity with Dwight and botched it and now we've botched the rebuild process. Sure, luck has a thing to do with it but five years of lottery ball is certainly enough to warrant change. Especially in this situation. I think everyone is tired of rebuilding and wants to win. Henny has to deliver or otherwise we'll look for a different voice in the FO. The Ibaka trade shows the kind of pressure Henny is under as well, I don't think he makes that deal two years ago. This is the first true gamble he's made in a trade and I like the guts, let's see how it plays out.

No I'm saying be patient for the sake of not being in salary cap hell with often injured players as an 8th seed team that never progresses past that but can't trade any of their players or get high draft picks because one is desperate.

Firing an above average gm would be a clear sign of disfunction and ineptness. Especially since most people can see that we just haven't been in the best position to acquire a star. Henny is doing the best he can with the hand he's dealt with. He needs more time.

Otis panicked and it cost us. We do not need to continue the panic moves

No I'm saying be patient for the sake of not being in salary cap hell with often injured players as an 8th seed team that never progresses past that but can't trade any of their players or get high draft picks because one is desperate.

Firing an above average gm would be a clear sign of disfunction and ineptness. Especially since most people can see that we just haven't been in the best position to acquire a star. Henny is doing the best he can with the hand he's dealt with. He needs more time.

Otis panicked and it cost us. We do not need to continue the panic moves

How has Rob shown he is an above average GM? He's drafted zero All Stars, his FA moves have been questionable. Now people are questioning his last two trades (I disagree with the notion for the most part, but there is heat on him). He's overseen ZERO winning seasons. Yes, he inherited a bad situation but all he did was tear down the whole team and start over. He hasn't built anything, just collected a bunch of random spare parts that don't fit together. Now after four years we are in a terrible spot of deciding if these young guys he drafted are worth big contracts and glutting up the salary cap. Ultimately, Rob doesn't get a pass because of "poor luck" getting a star. This is his FIFTH season on the job. At some point, you need results. If you're fine with sitting on your hands and praying a star falls into our laps then fine, but most of us are sick of losing basketball and being okay with it because of luck. Sometimes, you need to make your own luck.

• Upvote 1

How has Rob shown he is an above average GM? He's drafted zero All Stars, his FA moves have been questionable. Now people are questioning his last two trades (I disagree with the notion for the most part, but there is heat on him). He's overseen ZERO winning seasons. Yes, he inherited a bad situation but all he did was tear down the whole team and start over. He hasn't built anything, just collected a bunch of random spare parts that don't fit together. Now after four years we are in a terrible spot of deciding if these young guys he drafted are worth big contracts and glutting up the salary cap. Ultimately, Rob doesn't get a pass because of "poor luck" getting a star. This is his FIFTH season on the job. At some point, you need results. If you're fine with sitting on your hands and praying a star falls into our laps then fine, but most of us are sick of losing basketball and being okay with it because of luck. Sometimes, you need to make your own luck.

OUR GOAL WAS TO LOSE. YOU CANT BE UPSET ABOUT ACHIEVING OUR GOALS

I think we should wait and see what happens this summer before we label the rebuild as botched. I think Hennigan has done a pretty decent job considering what he inherited and the fact we had no luck at all in the lottery. You can argue we should have gotten more for Tobias, but that deal yielded Illy, which helped us obtain Ibaka and now we have a crap ton of cap space. If Henny whiffs in FA, and we don't make the playoffs this season I think he's squarely in the hot seat, but you have to believe he's swinging for the fences this off-season and/or next.

OUR GOAL WAS TO LOSE. YOU CANT BE UPSET ABOUT ACHIEVING OUR GOALS

When your goal is to waste my time as a fan and lose on purpose, then YES. I have every right to be upset. His strategy was to throw away valuable years of our lives to lose on purpose and get a star out of it and it backfired. You can't pull the boo-hoo we had bad luck card because that is a very legitimate possibility that everyone accepted when they chose that strategy. It's not like we were blind sided by it, we knew what we were getting into and it didn't work. Now Rob is getting desperate making a splash draft night trade and will probably attempt to be aggressive in FA to get us into the playoffs and save his ass. His tanking strategy failed and I find it humorous that people actually use that as an excuse in his favor lol.

• Upvote 1

This is pro basketball and the results are judged also on how has one seizes an opportunity. There's how many stars in this league? How many teams? They're all trying to get one. The best teams don't make decisions on fatigue. They make analytical decisions without hampering future options and acquiring assets until the moment comes. Rob has done exactly that.

Most gm's who've been around a long time have said in numerous of interviews that timing and a little bit of luck are very important variables.

Now, AG, Mario, and Payton are 23 and under but here you are already assuming they won't amount to much which is why being impatient is not a good trait for a gm. Feelings should not be the main drive for their decision making.

When your goal is to waste my time as a fan and lose on purpose, then YES. I have every right to be upset. His strategy was to throw away valuable years of our lives to lose on purpose and get a star out of it and it backfired. You can't pull the boo-hoo we had bad luck card because that is a very legitimate possibility that everyone accepted when they chose that strategy. It's not like we were blind sided by it, we knew what we were getting into and it didn't work. Now Rob is getting desperate making a splash draft night trade and will probably attempt to be aggressive in FA to get us into the playoffs and save his ass. His tanking strategy failed and I find it humorous that people actually use that as an excuse in his favor lol.

You can always root for another team.

I'm pretty happy with Gordon and Hezonja. I'm sorry our GM didn't field a team like charlotte to make you specifically feel better despite it being against our best interest...