Sign in to follow this  
masazasm2

Skiles resigns

Skiles felt the team’s inability to recover during an awful January in which they went 2-12 was indicative of an overall softness within the team and a lack of a professional mindset.

Skiles's hard-nose approach isn't for this team. The Spurs are a team built around this mentality. The Magic are built more like the Warriors or the Celtics - uptempo, laughter, and comradery. We have a lot of guys who are competitive, but are intensely kind, class acts, and people-oriented.

Skiles isn't a bad coach. He's just a bad fit.

Bring in someone who will be willing to laugh with the team, lead by example, coach passionately, and mentor well. THAT is what this team needs. A coach with college experience, or a coach who is personable, are our two greatest options.

I want a Brad-Stevens-like hire. Give me Kevin Ollie if we think Marc Jackson is too much of a risk.

Justin Termine

Justin Termine – ‏@TermineRadio

Hennigan was pissed at Skiles because he harassed the DeVos family w calls & texts to land job, then said in mid-Jan he no longer wanted it.

7:18 AM - 12 May 2016

Yup. This explains a ton.

Henny needs to make this hire with no other input. Period.

God this makes all the sense in the world....No other reason for our collapse during that time.

Devos is a nicer, more ethical Jerry Jones. For all good intentions of course. Gotta let Henny do his job now though.

Yup. This explains a ton.

Henny needs to make this hire with no other input. Period.

And for as tough minded as Skiles comes across as, that is soft as f$&@. Your in year one and already with regrets? How's your team suppose to respond with that?

Senile

He always striked me as a sharp individual even at his age. I just think he's your typical businessman who has a vision and is a fan as well. Good intentions just need to let Henny run this for a while.

He always striked me as a sharp individual even at his age. I just think he's your typical businessman who has a vision and is a fan as well. Good intentions just need to let Henny run this for a while.

I mean more lately

• Upvote 1

1h1 hour ago

Justin Termine ‏@TermineRadio

Hennigan wanted to tell the DeVos family of Skiles admission that he made mistake taking job... CEO Alex Martins recommended they not.

58m58 minutes ago

1st hint of Skiles' discontent came when he told Ast Adrian Griffin he made mistake... Griffin hesitated, but eventually went to management.

1h1 hour ago

Hennigan wanted to tell the DeVos family of Skiles admission that he made mistake taking job... CEO Alex Martins recommended they not.

Let the dysfunction begin...well continue....

• Upvote 2

If some is truth it's absolutely shambolic.

Let rob do his *****ing job.

Ollie is someone Durant really likes.

Obviously just throwing random things out there