Sign in to follow this  
masazasm2

Skiles resigns

From REALGM:

Phil Jackson and Steve Mills met with Frank Vogel last week in Los Angeles about the New York Knicks' head coaching vacancy.

Vogel, Kurt Rambis and David Blatt are the Knicks' top-3 candidates.

That being said I think NY wants someone who can take orders from Phil and institute his triangle. I can't see Vogel doing that.

From REALGM:

That being said I think NY wants someone who can take orders from Phil and institute his triangle. I can't see Vogel doing that.

Yeah, from everything I've heard Rambis is their man, they're just trying to make it look like a more thorough search than it really is. I may be bias, but I think our job for next year is more appealing than New York anyway.

Yeah, from everything I've heard Rambis is their man, they're just trying to make it look like a more thorough search than it really is. I may be bias, but I think our job for next year is more appealing than New York anyway.

Yeah if they met about a week ago and nothing happened then that's good news for us.

What's in between "Adrian Griffin took the assistant job and concocted a plot to sabotage skiles in order to become a head coach" and "Skiles wanted a more veteran team and decided to make a power play"?

For myself, I was simply referring to the opposed views of Skiles as taking no blame for the situation and Skiles taking all the blame.

For myself, I was simply referring to the opposed views of Skiles as taking no blame for the situation and Skiles taking all the blame.

Blame is kinda a word way to put it. I mean it's 100% his choice to leave but I don't really blame him.

He walked away from a lot of money because he wasn't happy doing his job. It's just a transaction.

And maybe happy is even the wrong word for it. Maybe he wasn't fulfilled. Maybe the prospects of a 42 win season next year didn't make an extremely demanding job worth it.

Blame is kinda a word way to put it. I mean it's 100% his choice to leave but I don't really blame him.

He walked away from a lot of money because he wasn't happy doing his job. It's just a transaction.

And maybe happy is even the wrong word for it. Maybe he wasn't fulfilled. Maybe the prospects of a 42 win season next year didn't make an extremely demanding job worth it.

Yea, quitting is totally on him. The poor relationship with management was probably part his own issues, part Martins, part Hennigan. He dealt with it how he did, though, quitting on the team, which pisses me off, so right now I'm just pissed at Skiles.

I've liked Vogel since his young Pacers fought the Bulls in the playoffs

Yep.......and he did it with a very SOFT center!!! Henny needs to pull the trigger, later for all of the Jedi Mind games!!! smile_panicworker.gif

FWIW, rumor on twitter saying Vogel will sign with the magic to be coach. 4yrs/$24M. Just a rumor from a fan with a hook up.

I know the fan pretty well, and for whatever it's worth I vouch for him.

He's certainly a good guy and NOT a troll.

My guess is, if he in fact did fly down Friday, he and his fam spent the weekend here. Henny probably wanted to build a rapport with him. I'm sure Henny is thinking "I'm not going through that again." If it happens, bet we hear something on Monday or Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

My guess is, if he in fact did fly down Friday, he and his fam spent the weekend here. Henny probably wanted to build a rapport with him. I'm sure Henny is thinking "I'm not going through that again." If it happens, bet we hear something on Monday or Tuesday.

Need some good PR. You don't get that on Sundays.

I know the fan pretty well, and for whatever it's worth I vouch for him.

He's certainly a good guy and NOT a troll.

I believe you. I've seen his name pop up a few times in Magic related stuff and with players, but he seems to have made some relationships. He's a fan like us but definitely not one to troll. If he's saying he heard Vogel is in, then I give him the benefit of the doubt and believe that's what he heard. and the fact he tweeted it, means he believes it enough to put his name/rep on the line, for whatever it's worth.

we'll see what happens.