Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

2016 Playoffs Thread

The race for finals MVP is all over the place, btw

Really, it's curry. How they are forced to defend him allows everyone else to do whatever they want to.

Practically, it's whoever they gameplan to leave open. Tonight they said "let Draymond shoot" and he did. And he made shots.

There's nothing much more to complement about Golden State. All I can say is that I'm absolutely elated that I watched them from the start of the season to reach this pinnacle of elite level of play.

The series is over. No one wants to say...its painful to say in the eyes of opposing fans. There's a denial there in all the sports broadcasters opinions and their beliefs. There was denial in the talking heads who have long retired. They still can't accept this. Its unreal. Its unprecedented. It was unfathomable most definitely. No one could say they saw it coming into realization.

What's crazy to me is we are actually seeing LeBron decline (to the incredible standards he set). He is still a great player, but the days of him dropping 40 a night in a series are gone. He obviously could go off for 40 in game 3 and no one would be shocked--but this is not the James that, for example, played against the Magic in 09 and averaged 39 a game. Again, he's still an elite elite player but he's to the point where he needs help more so then he did before. His True shooting numbers have really taken a beating this year.

What's crazy to me is we are actually seeing LeBron decline (to the incredible standards he set). He is still a great player, but the days of him dropping 40 a night in a series are gone. He obviously could go off for 40 in game 3 and no one would be shocked--but this is not the James that, for example, played against the Magic in 09 and averaged 39 a game. Again, he's still an elite elite player but he's to the point where he needs help more so then he did before. His True shooting numbers have really taken a beating this year.

I think its more of a mental thing than it is a physical ability thing. Even at 75% he is still bigger and stronger than nearly everyone in the league. Athletically for his size he can still do things only smaller players can. Along with that I think the lack of solid coaching hinders his chances at easy buckets. Creating mismatches in the post would be my go to in this series. All in all he has to have the will to take over the game(even if it doesnt work) plain and simple.

I think its more of a mental thing than it is a physical ability thing. Even at 75% he is still bigger and stronger than nearly everyone in the league. Athletically for his size he can still do things only smaller players can. Along with that I think the lack of solid coaching hinders his chances at easy buckets. Creating mismatches in the post would be my go to in this series. All in all he has to have the will to take over the game(even if it doesnt work) plain and simple.

Idk man. He's getting shut down by Iggy. Not saying that's a bad thing, Iggy is a good player--but come on, it's Lebron James. And again, he's still great and still the most dominate player when he decides he wants to drive to the basket, but his shooting just isn't there. I think he's clearly taken a step back this year. But I also realize that LeBron taking a step back is still better then all but maybe a couple players in the world.

Idk man. He's getting shut down by Iggy. Not saying that's a bad thing, Iggy is a good player--but come on, it's Lebron James. And again, he's still great and still the most dominate player when he decides he wants to drive to the basket, but his shooting just isn't there. I think he's clearly taken a step back this year. But I also realize that LeBron taking a step back is still better then all but maybe a couple players in the world.

Right...I do agree he has taken a step back but for whatever reason instead of attacking he pulls up a lot more than he used to. With that said he has always pulled up at a rate higher than he ever should of. Now its off the charts. Thats basically why I would post him up at least 50% of the time. He can still feast in the paint. Whether the Cavs win a game or not their best chance is Lebron being aggressive towards the basket. His lack of star takeover sort a speak has always been his biggest downfall.

I think posting up is a bad idea. The Warriors will eat that up all night.

LeBron is still pretty unstoppable in transition.

They might need to change their game and have faster players and better defenders surrounding LeBron. Basically try to be GSW East with LeBron at power forward