Sign in to follow this  
Air Gordon

2016 Playoffs Thread

I know we're not in it, and if you get technical this is posted in the wrong forum, but nobody seems to check the Around the NBA forum. Mods, feel free to move if you want it there instead.

Seeing that there won't be too much Magic news for awhile, I figured we could talk playoffs in the meantime! They start today

12:30 IND/TOR

3:30 GSW/HOU

7:00 BOS/ATL

9:30 DAL/OKC

I would love for this thread to stay here. This is when basketball gets interesting for me.

Should be fun.

My predictions for the first round:

Cleveland 4 - 0 Detroit

Atlanta 4 - 3 Boston

Miami 4 - 2 Charlotte

Toronto 4 - 3 Indiana

Golden State 4 - 0 Houston

LA 4 - 2 Portland

OKC 4 - 2 Dallas

San Antonio 4 - 0 Memphis

The play offs should be fun. Not sure I can see an "upset" in the first round, I think the top four seeds in both conferences will get through. But if I had to bet on one of the bottom four seeds beating one of the top four seeds it would be the Indiana beating Toronto who choke in the first round for the third year straight, or Boston beating Atlanta. I guess I could see Portland or Dallas maybe having a worldly series and sneaking past their respective opponents.

Given the lack of traffic compared to yesteryear, I don't see the point of having a separate forum for non-Magic discussion.

Yeah, that's what I figure. I still separate basketball from non basketball discussion but most topic creation rules were meant to discourage 50 different post game discussion threads and stuff like that.

I'm starting to see why we shouldn't throw money at derozan. This is three playoffs in a row where he plays below average

His game is based off of getting to the free throw line, which just isn't anywhere near as easy to do in the postseason.. I'm not interested in him here at all

I'm glad you guys are seeing the light. We don't need mental midgets on this team like the above mentioned. Its the player he is and always will be. Toronto Raptors fans have been all over his ass every playoffs and in big games this season. Players who are reliant on free throw shooting rather than skill shouldn't be are targets.

Pacers win by 10. Lowry and Derozan a combined 8 - 32 from the field 1 - 10 from 3 and 8 - 15 from the free throw line. Derozan only shot 6 free throws. Also combined for 9 turnovers.