Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

PREASON GAMES

At Memphis - No broadcast.

At Cleveland - FSOHIO

Vs San Antonio - No broadcast? It's SA, so possibly.

Vs Indiana - No broadcast.

Vs Atlanta - FSFLORIDA

At Miami - FSFLORIDA

Vs New Orleans - No broadcast.

So that's at least 3 we could watch. It really depends if the other team streams it.

Payton Fournier green Ibaka Vucevic

So my player got drafted by the magic so most of my experience is with that so far. My favorite lineup is my player-Hezonja-Gordon-Ibaka-Vucevic. Not because Fournier is all that bad, but the computer controlled Hezonja is crazy. He keeps breaking down guys off the dribble and dunking on the help defense.

How's AG in the game?

Gonna trade Vuch/Payton?

so I simulated the season to see how 2k17 predicts we'll do.

the first simulation we won 36 games but payton and augustin both missed 30 games

so I ran it again and there wasn't any big injuries but we still won 36 games

then I removed injuries and ran it again and we won 36 games

then I changed the starting lineup to the "correct" one, removed computer lineup changes, and removed injuries and we won 36 games.

so, I think I'm seeing a trend.

EDIT: also, the game hates payton. In almost every scenario he averaged like 4.6 ppg in 28mpg. but the game loves hezonja. he averaged 11-13 ppg off of the bench.

Yep. $100 million over 4 years. Crazy.

its not even a max.

max extension is 108ish over 4.

rookie max contract is 5 for 140.7ish

7-9 year guys next summer are 5 for 168.9ish.

I can only give ballpark numbers right now because I'm using a BRI of 230 million which corresponds to a 102.9 million salary cap.

By getting Antetokounmpo to take less than the projected $106 million maximum salary for a four-year rookie extension -- which could have become even larger, but more on that in a second-- Milwaukee wins big.

In fact, from the team perspective, Antetokounmpo's contract figures to be one of the NBA's best over the next four seasons.

Based on the development of similar players from my SCHOENE projection system and his rating in ESPN's realplus-minus, I project Antetokounmpo to provide 8.7 wins above replacement player (WARP) in 2017-18, the first year of his extension, and 9.3 WARP the following season.

On the open market, such production would be worth far more than the maximum salary. I estimate Antetokounmpo would be worth about $40 million a year in a world without limits on player salaries.

http://www.espn.com/...aukee-bucks-nba

its not even a max.

max extension is 108ish over 4.

rookie max contract is 5 for 140.7ish

7-9 year guys next summer are 5 for 168.9ish.

I can only give ballpark numbers right now because I'm using a BRI of 230 million which corresponds to a 102.9 million salary cap.

I know, it is just difficult to wrap your head around 25 million a year. Looking at it, he basically got a T-Mac to Orlando type salary of ~25% of the cap (T-Mac was at about 27%), which seems fair as he matches up pretty well to T-Mac's first 3 years in production.

At least salaries should start normalizing so they actually make sense in the historical context of what types of players are getting what % of the cap.