Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

We can offer him 5/169.1

Other teams can offer him 4/124.5

He'd have to hate it here to leave that much money on the table

You conveniently ignore the fact Ibaka will get that 5th year when he signs the subsequent contract. Assuming he would only be 31 at the time (and that's a big assumption), his first year on the next contract could be upwards of $30M. That closes the gap to about $15M over 5 years in your analysis.

I think his role and team success will be a bigger factor when he decides where he wants to play.

You conveniently ignore the fact Ibaka will get that 5th year when he signs the subsequent contract. Assuming he would only be 31 at the time (and that's a big assumption), his first year on the next contract could be upwards of $30M. That closes the gap to about $15M over 5 years in your analysis.

I think his role and team success will be a bigger factor when he decides where he wants to play.

that's not guaranteed money. that point makes sense for elite prospects but nobody beyond the top 10 nba players are going to look at things that way.

Its the same reason why it makes the most sense to do 1+1 Player option deals if you're an MVP caliber player but not if you're mike conley.

that's not guaranteed money. that point makes sense for elite prospects but nobody beyond the top 10 nba players are going to look at things that way.

Its the same reason why it makes the most sense to do 1+1 Player option deals if you're an MVP caliber player but not if you're mike conley.

Al Horford and Chandler Parsons say hello.

Al Horford and Chandler Parsons say hello.

Horford wanted to leave Atlanta. Parsons wasn't offered a max by dallas. so your point doesn't really make any sense.

Harris

Yeah. I didn't like it all either. I still think that was an Skiles influenced move and Henny felt like he had better options with AG/Mario there waiting to get bigger roles anyways which if they play to his expectations plus the cap space would've been enough to silence the criticism.

I mean, the fact it was Skiles boys from his Milluwakee days speaks some volumes.

Yeah. I didn't like it all either. I still think that was an Skiles influenced move and Henny felt like he had better options with AG/Mario there waiting to get bigger roles anyways which if they play to his expectations plus the cap space would've been enough to silence the criticism.

I mean, the fact it was Skiles boys from his Milluwakee days speaks some volumes.

yup.

I can't imagine it was anything but a skiles move. or else we'd go for assets instead of just a straight salary dump.

yup.

I can't imagine it was anything but a skiles move. or else we'd go for assets instead of just a straight salary dump.

A little jealous of Boston right now where they have the Nets to do their losing for them.

I hope the Nets are surprisingly mediocre this year, maybe just missing the playoffs so Boston doesn't get a good pick.

A little jealous of Boston right now where they have the Nets to do their losing for them.

I hope the Nets are surprisingly mediocre this year, maybe just missing the playoffs so Boston doesn't get a good pick.

yeah, Brooklyn is the cautionary tale of ownership meddling with a mandate to win at the expense of long term goals. What the heck were they thinking?