Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Seriously... that's the answer. You do realize that Charlotte dropped Bis and drafted his replacements... I mean Bis had no offensive game period and your throwing shade on Cody and Frank.... that doesn't bold well.

I mean look at us, where in the world are we going to points from... our 15mil bench player Green or will it be Elfman, or AG... I mean someone is going to have consistently score 25+ to be in any game winning situation. Interior defense is great, but it won't mean jack if teams go on a 3pt shooting spree, after all its our perimeter defense that really blows. And we traded away one of best perimeter defenders... Evan is not a good defender, neither is green, elf is still coming along.

Cody Zeller is a solid backup center a la Jason Smith.

Frank Kaminsky is Spencer Hawes. If you're hung up on those guys, I don't know what to tell you.

Why does someone need to score 25+ consistently to be in any game winning situation? there's like 10 guys in the league that score 25+ consistently. Last year we didn't have a guy that scored 25+ consistently and had 23 games decided by 5 points or less.

I think the basic idea is Fournier is going to be our leading perimeter scorer at around 18 ppg.

I think Ibaka is going to thrive in an expanded role and provide another 18 ppg.

I think Gordon should provide around 12 ppg as a conservative estimate.

Payton should be around 11

Vucevic should provide about 11 assuming a lesser role

that's 70 points

then you just need 32 from Augustin, Biyombo, Green, and Hezonja. Our bench averaged 35.9 ppg last year.

An 25+ ppg scorer? Would be nice and maybe one of AG, Mario, Evan, or Vuch becomes that but defense is probably more important to a winning club than one guy who can drop 25 a game. 25ppg players don't grow on trees.

21 teams don't have a guy who can score 25+ consistently depending on your definition of consistently (which I chose to mean >36.6% of the time; if you chose 29.3% as consistent the number of teams without one of those guys would still be 19)

Never played connect the dots as an kid? Should try it. You might be able to comprehend things better.

What facts did I tweak? The part where Skiles contacted Martin's for the job before Henny contacted him? Fact. The part we traded Harris for Skiles boys? Fact. Didn't Skiles quit anyway because of an conflict of interests with the roster? Fact. Tell me, what facts did I "tweak"? Did I just took the facts and connected the dots? Yup and most in the media who are credible and in the know echo this as the likliehood of what went down. Skiles wanted control. He wanted to trade all of our youth for vets. Harris was the first. Henny tried to appease without totally derailing the vision all in one season.

Devos is an good owner. Better than most but you've been living under an rock if you don't know nepotism has caused setbacks for this franchise for some time.

Well, let's go through this line by line, then. You started off by saying the Skiles' hire was Hennigan's first chance to hire a guy who fits his plan. Tweaked fact. Vaughn was his hire. Vaughn was hired first. Vaughn was a disaster of a head coach for this team, even more so than Skiles. Then you said Skiles contacted Martins. Rumor presented as fact. Then you said Hennigan didn't contact Skiles until after hiring him, which besides being logistically impossible, assuming you meant he didn't contact him until after being told to hire him, is still hilariously naive. Regardless of who contacted who first, Hennigan interviewed Skiles before making the decision to hire him, which means he weighed the pros and cons to his career and decided that Skiles was a safe enough bet not to fight the higher ups in management about it. This is not rumor, but confirmed by everyone involved, and no trustworthy rumors even suggest otherwise. Then, you say Skiles through a fit while we were playing good basketball. Tweaked fact. Assuming Skiles threw a fit at all, the rumor was that he threw it in mid-January, during the worst part of the season. In assuming that Skiles fought for the Harris trade, you ignore the fact that none of the guys traded for started (aside from a couple nights during injuries), or even played consistent minutes. You seem to suggest that Hennigan knew Skiles would resign, which is hilarious and without any basis in fact or rumor.

See, I can connect dots. I do that a lot on this sight. But I try not to make **** up or shift facts and rumors around to fit my narrative. You say Skiles wanted to trade all our youth for vets, without anything to back up that claim, using it as a bone of contention between Skiles and Henny, while ignoring that Hennigan went out and immediately traded our best young player for a vet, then signed Jeff Green to play the same position as our most promising young player. Why do you ignore that? Because that doesn't fit your narrative.

Seriously... that's the answer. You do realize that Charlotte dropped Bis and drafted his replacements... I mean Bis had no offensive game period and your throwing shade on Cody and Frank.... that doesn't bold well.

Because no team has ever made a bad personel choice and got rid of a good player because they thought they didn't need them...

Well, let's go through this line by line, then. You started off by saying the Skiles' hire was Hennigan's first chance to hire a guy who fits his plan. Tweaked fact. Vaughn was his hire. Vaughn was hired first. Vaughn was a disaster of a head coach for this team, even more so than Skiles. Then you said Skiles contacted Martins. Rumor presented as fact. Then you said Hennigan didn't contact Skiles until after hiring him, which besides being logistically impossible, assuming you meant he didn't contact him until after being told to hire him, is still hilariously naive. Regardless of who contacted who first, Hennigan interviewed Skiles before making the decision to hire him, which means he weighed the pros and cons to his career and decided that Skiles was a safe enough bet not to fight the higher ups in management about it. This is not rumor, but confirmed by everyone involved, and no trustworthy rumors even suggest otherwise. Then, you say Skiles through a fit while we were playing good basketball. Tweaked fact. Assuming Skiles threw a fit at all, the rumor was that he threw it in mid-January, during the worst part of the season. In assuming that Skiles fought for the Harris trade, you ignore the fact that none of the guys traded for started (aside from a couple nights during injuries), or even played consistent minutes. You seem to suggest that Hennigan knew Skiles would resign, which is hilarious and without any basis in fact or rumor.

See, I can connect dots. I do that a lot on this sight. But I try not to make **** up or shift facts and rumors around to fit my narrative. You say Skiles wanted to trade all our youth for vets, without anything to back up that claim, using it as a bone of contention between Skiles and Henny, while ignoring that Hennigan went out and immediately traded our best young player for a vet, then signed Jeff Green to play the same position as our most promising young player. Why do you ignore that? Because that doesn't fit your narrative.

JV was part of the plan to lose. I was using "the plan" in context of increasing wins. Two different goals but I understand that's a misstatement on my part.

The Alex Martin rumor was echoed by just about every credible journalist. Google it. Also Google BHill being hired twice as coach, and other nepotism stuff that supports the possibility of the "rumor."

Sure Henny weighed the pros and cons and didn't want to fight the higher ups. So you bash me for originally stating this, then use it yourself and now it's an fact. I even use this rationality of thinking for the Tobias trade but whatevs. Long as it comes from you then it's an fact. Got it.

Mid January means the month isn't over with. Before Jan., we were playing pretty impressive basketball but who cares right? Quit anyways within first sign of adversity.

Well, Ersan started a few times. Dipo got pulled. Vuch started then was an 6th man after injury. Mario started, played well as an young euro rook then disappeared. Elfrid got pulled for a bit. What's your point? Players were getting pulled left and right. Are you pretending to not know that Jennings and Ersan never played with Skiles in Milluwakee? Also, Skiles did say he didn't think he was the right coach for the team. Yup probably because Henny didn't want to trade more potentially sound players for more Jennings/Ersans.

You are right about one thing, I have no clue Henny knew Skiles was going to quit. I even stated that saying it was an theory of course. I do know Henny is an probability/analytics guy and anyone who understands those concepts can make an pretty good analysis on an likely outcome for Skiles rather it's quitting or getting tossed.

I'm not ignoring Jeff Green playing the same position. I'm just not clamoring Tobias to be our savior and personally, I rather have an playoff experienced one year rental with options to use that 15 million next season or use his expiring in an trade at the deadline than an meh Tobias. Hell, that expiring alone is probably worth more in an trade than Tobias right now.

Look, I'm not saying for sure that's how it exactly went down. I'm taking some of the rumors by credible people, looked at the events that unfolded, and the facts, and presented an perspective.

This is perhaps the best description of the situation yet. It takes all of what we know has happened, all of what we suspect has happened, and tweaks the facts and rumors just enough to be incomprehensible, yet reminds us all that Hennigan is a genius and everything that has been bad so far is everyone else's fault. Awesome.

Henny has given us FLEXIBILITY despite perhaps not choosing the best player in the draft or trading for the wrong person, which to me he hasn't made a mistake. Tobias is not a game changer in the way Biyombo will be.

What Henny has done post D12 has been incredible ya'll.

I am also of the belief that we are better without Dipo -- adding by subtraction. This team will get better with minutes given to Fournier, AG, and Mario to dominate. Years ago, I was correct on the need to use JJ more. I will be found correct again when the offensive production of Fournier, AG, and Mario substantially increases without Dipo in the lineup.

I predict:

AG -- 18 PPG

Fournier -- 19 PPG

Mario -- 8 PPG (off the bench)

The team we have now is very well balanced. We will be a 6-7 seed for sure.

Henny has given us FLEXIBILITY despite perhaps not choosing the best player in the draft or trading for the wrong person, which to me he hasn't made a mistake. Tobias is not a game changer in the way Biyombo will be.

Nah, we were suppose to get KD. KD or bust y'all!!

JV was part of the plan to lose. I was using "the plan" in context of increasing wins. Two different goals but I understand that's a misstatement on my part.

The Alex Martin rumor was echoed by just about every credible journalist. Google it. Also Google BHill being hired twice as coach, and other nepotism stuff that supports the possibility of the "rumor."

Sure Henny weighed the pros and cons and didn't want to fight the higher ups. So you bash me for originally stating this, then use it yourself and now it's an fact. I even use this rationality of thinking for the Tobias trade but whatevs. Long as it comes from you then it's an fact. Got it.

Mid January means the month isn't over with. Before Jan., we were playing pretty impressive basketball but who cares right? Quit anyways within first sign of adversity.

Well, Ersan started a few times. Dipo got pulled. Vuch started then was an 6th man after injury. Mario started, played well as an young euro rook then disappeared. Elfrid got pulled for a bit. What's your point? Players were getting pulled left and right. Are you pretending to not know that Jennings and Ersan never played with Skiles in Milluwakee? Also, Skiles did say he didn't think he was the right coach for the team. Yup probably because Henny didn't want to trade more potentially sound players for more Jennings/Ersans.

You are right about one thing, I have no clue Henny knew Skiles was going to quit. I even stated that saying it was an theory of course. I do know Henny is an probability/analytics guy and anyone who understands those concepts can make an pretty good analysis on an likely outcome for Skiles rather it's quitting or getting tossed.

I'm not ignoring Jeff Green playing the same position. I'm just not clamoring Tobias to be our savior and personally, I rather have an playoff experienced one year rental with options to use that 15 million next season or use his expiring in an trade at the deadline than an meh Tobias. Hell, that expiring alone is probably worth more in an trade than Tobias right now.

Look, I'm not saying for sure that's how it exactly went down. I'm taking some of the rumors by credible people, looked at the events that unfolded, and the facts, and presented an perspective.

Like I said. Tweaks. Just tweak it some more and you never said anything silly at all.

Like I said. Tweaks. Just tweak it some more and you never said anything silly at all.

No. Didn't tweak any facts. Just used them to come to an likely perspective. It's like variables in an whole equation.

I mean someone is going to have consistently score 25+ to be in any game winning situation.

This statement is just not true boss so I don't know where you get this from