Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

:panicworker:/> :panicworker:/> :panicworker:/> :panicworker:/> :panicworker:/> :panicworker:/> :panicworker:/>

I told ya man. He's our best and most proven offensive player...Until someone is brought in is better or someone existing proves they are.

I told ya man. He's our best and most proven offensive player...Until someone is brought in is better or someone existing proves they are.

the perception of who he is and the role we're going to be able to give any center on this team do not equate. This is my nightmare. it's already starting.

hezonja is going to get whatever backup SG minutes are available after whatever Meeks gets. Wilcox is going to be a garbage time guy/filler in case of injury.

I think Mario is the first wing off the bench. He'll get plenty of opportunity this season. Meeks is the one that will get mins behind Mario at SG.

I think Mario is the first wing off the bench. He'll get plenty of opportunity this season. Meeks is the one that will get mins behind Mario at SG.

I just meant if you give meeks 14 minutes and there's only 4 minutes available or you give meeks 4 minutes and there's 14 minutes available Hezonja will get whatever meeks doesn't get, there's not going to be another SG in the rotation.

http://orlandomagicdaily.com/2016/07/15/nikola-vucevic-i-still-believe-im-the-starter/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

"That’s how it was for me. i was starting. I don’t expect that to change. I think I have proven I am definitely a starter in this league and I believe one of the best centers in this league. I don’t believe there is any reason for me to come off the bench. I have spoken to the Magic about it. They know that. That’s no disrespect to Bismack and he proved a lot last season and had a great playoff. But I believe I will still be a starter and one of the main guys on the team going forward as well.”'

He shouldnt be answering those questions like that. He knows better.

He should have said that he will work hard to prove he is the starting center of this team but it should be up to the coach to make that final desicion.

I, for once, dont see him here for long if he continues to be vocal about it. His trade value can decrease if people think that WE need to trade him as he is not happy. We dont need another disgrunted big guy player saga.

the perception of who he is and the role we're going to be able to give any center on this team do not equate. This is my nightmare. it's already starting.

How does it not equate?

How does it not equate?

he still see's himself as the main piece. regardless if we start him or not (I don't really care, Bogut was a starter for golden state) we're still going to be playing Biyombo 22ish mpg. we're going to be playing Ibaka a handful of minutes at center. That leaves 22ish mpg for Vucevic. That's not a "one of the best centers in the league" roles for him.

He shouldnt be answering those questions like that. He knows better.

He should have said that he will work hard to prove he is the starting center of this team but it should be up to the coach to make that final desicion.

I, for once, dont see him here for long if he continues to be vocal about it. His trade value can decrease if people think that WE need to trade him as he is not happy. We dont need another disgrunted big guy player saga.

I disagree. He's been our starting center since we traded for him and just because we signed Biyombo, a better defensive player not a better player overall, he should not be settling for a lesser role. I'd be more concern if he didn't want the starting spot. Sounds like he's on a mission.

he still see's himself as the main piece. regardless if we start him or not (I don't really care, Bogut was a starter for golden state) we're still going to be playing Biyombo 22ish mpg. we're going to be playing Ibaka a handful of minutes at center. That leaves 22ish mpg for Vucevic. That's not a "one of the best centers in the league" roles for him.

I think your overrating Biyombo's role. He had a good showing in the playoffs and had some good games in season but he's still raw and inexperienced and inconsistent.

In time, if Biyombo proves it, he maybe phased in and phases Vuch out but Biyombo isn't at that point yet.

I think your overrating Biyombo's role. He had a good showing in the playoffs and had some good games in season but he's still raw and inexperienced.

In time, if Biyombo proves it, he maybe phased in and phases Vuch out but Biyombo isn't at that point yet.

it's the same role he had in Toronto, a 56 win team, with a very analogous situation with Valenciunas (he and vucevic are somewhat similar players). except they don't have an Ibaka type

I disagree. He's been our starting center since we traded for him and just because we signed Biyombo, a better defensive player not a better player overall, he should not be settling for a lesser role. I'd be more concern if he didn't want the starting spot. Sounds like he's on a mission.

Well.. Is ok for him to feel that way but to go out on the media and start making assumotions that he will start because he is better than Biyombo is not the way to go.

I do think he is better and he should start but to put another teamate down like that is not the way to go. He has been all but a class act guy until now.

Im glad that Biyombo seems to be another class act guy who likely will brush those comments and will not take those personal.

It is going to get physical in practice. I just hope VUC softness improve and show us he can keep that starting position because Biyombo will Fight for it now.

I still see him be traded along both CJ's.