Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I don't think so. Dipo will be solid and may even make an all star or two but he isn't first tier

Ibaka was far more of an important piece to us than anything we gave up. We're also giving him a bigger role like he wanted.

As I said, I hope everyone is right. He is still potentially a rental though- so the concern should be there.

As I said, I hope everyone is right. He is still potentially a rental though- so the concern should be there.

I know. It's far in the future so no need to stress it now.

By obtaining WB, being on the heels of Cleveland, both having bigger roles, that's the leverage you need to retain them both.

Ibaka isn't a top 5 player though and the assets we gave up was Dipo and two warm bodies.

I'm probably the biggest supporter of the Ibaka trade on here, but ultimately if he leaves as a FA next offseason then it backfired on us. We no doubt took a risk on that.

I dunno if I agree. Payton might progress but he could very well be Brevin Knight. Vuch is outdated center presently and Mario is potential.

WB is a top 5 player in the league. It's a risk but it's something to mull over.

Yeah it's a risk either way because you're banking on Westbrook staying and banking on being able to bring in another star because we have Westbrook.

Say if Hezonja, Vucevic, Payton and draft picks are traded for Westbrook.

2016 lineup is outstanding:

Westbrook, Fournier, Gordon, Ibaka, Biyombo

Bench: Augustin, Meeks, Green, Zimmerman, Watson

2017 we could be left with Fournier, Gordon Biyombo, Augustin, Watson, Zimmerman, hoping we can retain Westbrook/Ibaka, and pressed to bring in good vets to keep us relevant. I say stay with what we have, make a run in the playoffs, and sign Westbrook outright. Winning and showing you're able to compete for a championship shows a lot

Yeah it's a risk either way because you're banking on Westbrook staying and banking on being able to bring in another star because we have Westbrook.

Say if Hezonja, Vucevic, Payton and draft picks are traded for Westbrook.

2016 lineup is outstanding:

Westbrook, Fournier, Gordon, Ibaka, Biyombo

Bench: Augustin, Meeks, Green, Zimmerman, Watson

2017 we could be left with Fournier, Gordon Biyombo, Augustin, Watson, Zimmerman, hoping we can retain Westbrook/Ibaka, and pressed to bring in good vets to keep us relevant. I say stay with what we have, make a run in the playoffs, and sign Westbrook outright. Winning and showing you're able to compete for a championship shows a lot

As much as I would rather keep our assets and sign Westbrook outright, the only way I honestly believe we will be able to acquire him is solely on a trade. I just think there are better options for him if he goes out to free agency. It wouldn't surprise me if he joined the Spurs with Leonard & Aldridge and consistently face off against KD. If you have a chance to get a top talent, you get him when you can.

As much as I would rather keep our assets and sign Westbrook outright, the only way I honestly believe we will be able to acquire him is solely on a trade. I just think there are better options for him if he goes out to free agency. It wouldn't surprise me if he joined the Spurs with Leonard & Aldridge and consistently face off against KD. If you have a chance to get a top talent, you get him when you can.

But if we trade for him why would he stay instead of going to a better team and market? I don't want to be the team that trades assets for a 1 year rental..let the Celtics or whoever else do that..

I just think there are better options for him if he goes out to free agency. It wouldn't surprise me if he joined the Spurs with Leonard & Aldridge

My point exactly, We can trade our assets and then he leaves us anyway. Why not go out there and compete with what we have in the East and he may see how good we are with a much easier path to the finals

But if we trade for him why would he stay instead of going to a better team and market? I don't want to be the team that trades assets for a 1 year rental..let the Celtics or whoever else do that..

You trade for a chance to be a contender in a relatively weaker conference whereas with the players currently on this roster the ceiling is becoming the Hawks...playoff purgatory.

As soon as we start heading up y'all wanna trade it all for a 1 year rental..baffling..

Heading up? Your confident one of Payton, AG, Mario will become a star? Because that's what it has to take to get into the playoffs. Boston isn't done. They'll make a move.

You trade for a chance to be a contender in a relatively weaker conference whereas with the players currently on this roster the ceiling is becoming the Hawks...playoff purgatory.

So you trade for a chance to be a contender for one season?