Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I agree, but would like to add that any increase in our defensive rebounds removes a scoring opportunity for the other team, and adds the potential for an easier fast break score of our own. How many times last year did we see teams extend possessions with one or even two offensive rebounds, and score? IF we rebound better than last year, we have the potential to erase several scores by the opponent.

I agree. People who think we won't score do not realize how much more points we will have due to increased offensive rebounds. Plus I sense we will be a fast breaking team with all the freak athletes we have. The pace will be much faster to coincide with the new NBA. Vucevic will have to get into shape to play in this new system. Everyone else appears to be very athletic.

I agree, but would like to add that any increase in our defensive rebounds removes a scoring opportunity for the other team, and adds the potential for an easier fast break score of our own. How many times last year did we see teams extend possessions with one or even two offensive rebounds, and score? IF we rebound better than last year, we have the potential to erase several scores by the opponent.

we actually didn't give up many offensive rebounds. the difference between us (13th fewest offensive rebounds) and the number one team (Detroit) was only 1.3 offensive rebounds per game.

the bigger impact is going to be not allowing other teams to shoot 46% against us overall, 50% on 2s and 36% on threes

by dropping both of the percentages by 2% that would save us 192 points over the season on twos and 122 points on threes

It would also help if every team in the league did not set their franchise record for three's against us. The inside defense will help a lot, the perimeter guys will be able to set up a step farther out and will actually be near the guy they are supposed to be defending, instead of 20 feet away (or at least they seemed that far away on the replays).

we actually didn't give up many offensive rebounds. the difference between us (13th fewest offensive rebounds) and the number one team (Detroit) was only 1.3 offensive rebounds per game.

the bigger impact is going to be not allowing other teams to shoot 46% against us overall, 50% on 2s and 36% on threes

by dropping both of the percentages by 2% that would save us 192 points over the season on twos and 122 points on threes

It would also help if every team in the league did not set their franchise record for three's against us. The inside defense will help a lot, the perimeter guys will be able to set up a step farther out and will actually be near the guy they are supposed to be defending, instead of 20 feet away (or at least they seemed that far away on the replays).

+1

Unless an offensive superstar becomes available I don't see us trading Vucevic this season. He will be just as good, if not a better trade chip next offseason. Plus we'll give Vogel a chance to figure out rotations this season before we pull the trigger on a trade. He'll have 2 years remaining next offseason which is plenty and his deal will only look better with the cap increasing again. My money is on Vucevic being the starter to begin the season (and not just because Biyombo is suspended the first game).

• Upvote 1

With our front line we should be considerably better offensive rebounding team as well, which will certainly be a big part of our offense.

With our front line we should be considerably better offensive rebounding team as well, which will certainly be a big part of our offense.

Doubtful. You either prioritize defense or offensive rebounding. We're better off getting our bigs back to limit fast break opportunities

Doubtful. You either prioritize defense or offensive rebounding. We're better off getting our bigs back to limit fast break opportunities

We'll see. Seems to me Vogel would utilize our size and athleticism since scoring is probably not going to come real easy. Regardless, we're going to be an improved offensive rebounding team just by way of adding Ibaka and Biyombo.

We'll see. Seems to me Vogel would utilize our size and athleticism since scoring is probably not going to come real easy. Regardless, we're going to be an improved offensive rebounding team just by way of adding Ibaka and Biyombo.

If you have an elite offensive team you go after offensive rebounds because more offensive opportunities are bigger for your team than what you're giving up in fast break points.

If you have an elite defensive team you want to limit possessions because you can stop the other team more than they can stop you.

I still can't believe we signed Bizzie when we had Gordon, Ibaka and Vooch. To me it was a welcome move, though I don't think it'll work too well. Like Payton4thewin mentioned, there are a lot of guys expecting minutes. My great hope is to acquire McCollum or Butler in a trade, though I doubt it happens right now.

Random question: when can the new signees be packaged in a trade?

I still can't believe we signed Bizzie when we had Gordon, Ibaka and Vooch. To me it was a welcome move, though I don't think it'll work too well. Like Payton4thewin mentioned, there are a lot of guys expecting minutes. My great hope is to acquire McCollum or Butler in a trade, though I doubt it happens right now.

Random question: when can the new signees be packaged in a trade?

December 15th. Something like that