Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

They are taking all the stuff the Warriors have no use for anymore.

I feel like the Mavs are that team always shooting for the stars but having to end up settling in the offseason.

If OKC tries to trade Westbrook, they are really going to struggle getting equal value because of his ability to sign for a king's ransom anywhere next year. Im not sure I'd risk giving up three of our prospects for that opportunity. While I doubt this would get it done, something like this offer plus a couple of first rounders is what I think they can expect to get:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zh26fwp

The Thunder are a franchise that knows when to get rid of a player before it's too late, but I could see them trying desperately to convince Westbrook to stay. It's their best option unless he straight up says no.

The Thunder are a franchise that knows when to get rid of a player before it's too late, but I could see them trying desperately to convince Westbrook to stay. It's their best option unless he straight up says no.

In the past that was true. Today they took that gamble and lost in a way that will set their franchise back for years to come.

In the past that was true. Today they took that gamble and lost in a way that will set their franchise back for years to come.

They didn't take any gambles at all, they had no choice but to see what Durant was going to do. You think they were going to trade him at the deadline last year? It's an unfortunate outcome for OKC but I can see why Kevin was willing to leave, no matter how good they were they were never really the best in the West.

Josh Robbins ✔ @JoshuaBRobbins

The Magic will rescind their qualifying offer to Dewayne Dedmon, making him an unrestricted free agent.

3:15 PM - 4 Jul 2016

The Warriors may scoop him up.

They didn't take any gambles at all, they had no choice but to see what Durant was going to do. You think they were going to trade him at the deadline last year? It's an unfortunate outcome for OKC but I can see why Kevin was willing to leave, no matter how good they were they were never really the best in the West.

Honestly, if Presti had a do over, I'm not sure he doesn't trade Durant last summer. He's done it with Harden, Jackson and Ibaka. Was it worth the gamble (or whatever you want to call it) to him? I have no idea but the cost is going to be devastating to that franchise. There is no way I see Presti taking that same risk with Westbrook, which is what Windhorst was saying on ESPN.