Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Hayward would instantly become the best player on our team if we traded for him. Not saying a whole lot but I'd trade Vuc for him straight up for sure. But I'd wait until Biyombo actually puts pen to paper obviously lol.

Not a fan. Shoot 34% from three last year, mopes around the court.

Nate Duncan and Danny Leroux (probably my favorite NBA writers) both called the Magic one of the losers of the first day of free agency. They had Augustin among a group of PGs who they called "barely above replacement level" whose production could be replicated by minimum salary guys, Leroux went on a rant about how Orlando has mostly completely failed to maximize assets, and they saw no point in signing Jeff Green and called it a no upside move.

I have been ambivalent at best at our moves thus far, so, amid the unrelenting optimism on here, it was nice to hear some actual basketball guys echo my sentiments.

They both liked the Biyombo signing so it will be interesting what they say next pod

Nate Duncan and Danny Leroux (probably my favorite NBA writers) both called the Magic one of the losers of the first day of free agency. They had Augustin among a group of PGs who they called "barely above replacement level" whose production could be replicated by minimum salary guys, Leroux went on a rant about how Orlando has mostly completely failed to maximize assets, and they saw no point in signing Jeff Green and called it a no upside move.

I have been ambivalent at best at our moves thus far, so, amid the unrelenting optimism on here, it was nice to hear some actual basketball guys echo my sentiments.

They both liked the Biyombo signing so it will be interesting what they say next pod

Honestly, Augustin was looking towards possibly falling completely out of the league until his solid stint in Denver after the trade deadline. I like his shooting but it wouldn't shock me if Watson stole some minutes. Especially since Vogel already knows him.

I can't see how you can trash the Jeff Green deal when it's only one year. Even if he plays like trash, he's 15 million expiring at the deadline.

Honestly, Augustin was looking towards possibly falling completely out of the league until his solid stint in Denver after the trade deadline. I like his shooting but it wouldn't shock me if Watson stole some minutes. Especially since Vogel already knows him.

I can't see how you can trash the Jeff Green deal when it's only one year. Even if he plays like trash, he's 15 million expiring at the deadline.

augustin is not a bad backup PG for real, like for real, his only problem is that he is short like Jameer

So let me get this straight -- would we start mahinmi if we got 4/64 from us? Doubt it.

If so, why is getting biyombo for slightly extra at 4/72 mean that we have to start him?

early ranking

1) Cleveland: champ

2) Pacers: Paul George has good help now

3) Toronto: lost Biyomo but starting lineup still there

4) NY: Rose Lee Noah should help if healthy

5) Hawks: lost Horford but got Howard

6) Celtics: got Horford, could move into top 3 if they get another big signing

7) Magic: not sure how team will gel yet, 7 for now

8) Pistons: step behind magic, got a complete team

Bucks are out: no improvement

Wizards are out: no improvement, lost dudley

Charlot are out: lost Al Jeff and Lin

Chicago are out: Lost Rose, Pau

Heat are out: no wade, no bosh yet, no deng, no Joe

So let me get this straight -- would we start mahinmi if we got 4/64 from us? Doubt it.

If so, why is getting biyombo for slightly extra at 4/72 mean that we have to start him?

Realize this is a new cap landscape, but the guys making the most money on the team tend to find themselves starting.

(Deserved or not).

Realize this is a new cap landscape, but the guys making the most money on the team tend to find themselves starting.

(Deserved or not).

Yes, but it's hard to ignore the fact that the only reason Biyombo is making more money than Vuc is because Vuc signed an extension back before the 2014 season began -- before the cap exploded into ridiculousness; not only that, he signed a very cap friendly deal at the time as well.

You DO realize I'm gonna call you Rob all season in the fantasy league, right?

saying rob is building our team like mauro builds his fantasy team doesn't make me feel good about next season...

ya burnt