Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Good grief. It absolutely does. Sorry, I'm a little under the weather, and I totally read that wrong.

Lol, no worries. There's 96 minutes between PF/C per game so say 28-30 mins each between the three and 8-10 for AG at PF (another 20-24 at SF).

I'm not sure why you guys keep thinking Biyombo is coming off the bench. The Magic didn't spend that kind of dough for a backup center. Henny is seeing what I've seen for a while. Vooch isn't that good, he's got a nice little game offensively and can rebound but he's a liability defensively and wouldn't have the production we've seen with almost any other team. I think it's extremely likely he is moved, there is no way we invest that much money into the center position.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure why you guys keep thinking Biyombo is coming off the bench. The Magic didn't spend that kind of dough for a backup center. Henny is seeing what I've seen for a while. Vooch isn't that good, he's got a nice little game offensively and can rebound but he's a liability defensively and wouldn't have the production we've seen with almost any other team. I think it's extremely likely he is moved, there is no way we invest that much money into the center position.

I do believe that Vuc will eventually be moved but I'd be surprised if it happened now, or maybe not even until Ibaka is re-signed. I mean it make sense to package him for that final piece but I think Henny will wait and see who shows more progress between Payton and Hezonja to determine whether we need to upgrade at PG or SG

I like Gordon Hayward. He's a proven talent on a solid team. He's a good scorer, solid all-around offensive guy who gets to the line. Not a liability at all on D. If he solidifies his outside shot just a bit, he could be an absolute beast. I'd move just about anyone on the team for him, but Utah shouldn't get more than one of our good assets.

Not a huge Hayward fan, always thought he was a little overrated, but to be fair, I haven't watched a lot of his games.

I'm worried that any deal with him would have to involve AG as they probably aren't too interested in Vooch because they have Gobert. They probably don't want Payton either as they have a lot of PGs.

Every move that has occurred thus far has come out of left field. As far as I'm concerned, if we're tied to a certain player in a rumor, we're not getting him.

However, I enjoy them for conversational and hypothetical purposes.

But if Biz is only playing 20-25 per night, how is he worth $18 million? I don't actually think Biz is necessarily overpaid, only possibly overpaid looking at the available minutes. To me, even with Vuc's defensive problems, Biyombo is our third best big. To put it this way: if Ibaka comes back next year, which we should absolutely want to happen at this point, we will be $60 mil deep into 3 bigs. That's a lot to spend, even with a cap at $110 mil, for your 4/5 rotation. Leaves only $50 million for your entire 1/2/3 rotation, plus at least one emergency big. It can be done, I know. But it is a concern, if not yet a problem.

I tend to agree.

Hayward would instantly become the best player on our team if we traded for him. Not saying a whole lot but I'd trade Vuc for him straight up for sure. But I'd wait until Biyombo actually puts pen to paper obviously lol.