Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Love the addition of BB. We finally have the interior defense that we have been looking for, for the last few years.

I'd hate to see Vuc go, but if we need to pair him with Elf to get a top-tier PG, then so be it.

However, the flip-side of all of this could be this. We let Vuc/Ibaka/BB figure out their rotations together and perhaps they gel and things work out. Maybe Elf works on his shot all season long and becomes at least not a hinderance to us on the offensive end.

I would love it if we were able to keep this team together, but my gut says that will be impossible.

Nikola Vucevic – Verified account ‏@NikolaVucevic

Welcome @sergeibaka9 @unclejeffgreen @bismackbiyombo0 Jodie and DJ! Time to bring the playoffs back to Orlando!

3:27 PM - 2 Jul 2016

-------

The replies to this tweet are kind of awkward.

Wow....that is some comparison! As I think about it you are spot on!!

It was a good call. I posted some stats in the other thread relating to this, all credit to Catalina for the Wallace comparsion;

Per 36 mins Biyombo averaged 9 pts 13 rbs and 2.6 blks last season for Toronto at the age of 23. Ben Wallace (at the age of 26) averaged about 7 pts 13 rbs and 2.4 blks (when he was 23 he averaged 6 pts 10 rebs and 2.3 blks).

Nikola Vucevic – Verified account ‏@NikolaVucevic

Welcome @sergeibaka9 @unclejeffgreen @bismackbiyombo0 Jodie and DJ! Time to bring the playoffs back to Orlando!

3:27 PM - 2 Jul 2016

-------

The replies to this tweet are kind of awkward.

What were they about?

It was a good call. I posted some stats in the other thread relating to this, all credit to Catalina for the Wallace comparsion;

Per 36 mins Biyombo averaged 9 pts 13 rbs and 2.6 blks last season for Toronto at the age of 23. Ben Wallace (at the age of 26) averaged about 7 pts 13 rbs and 2.4 blks (when he was 23 he averaged 6 pts 10 rebs and 2.3 blks).

Ban Wallace elevated his team's defense too with his intensity, you think Biyombo will do the same?