Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

So what's out starting 5? Was discussing it with my brother..is the plan to start Mario out the gate or start Evan and ease Mario in down the season? Does ag or vuch go to the bench? Does green start or our 6th man?

At some point this afternoon I suggested we give Jeff green 1 year 26 million. Not because I thought he's worth 26 million but over one year we could pay him any sum of money and it not have any affect on the future of this team. For one year green could be making the league minimum or 36 million and it wouldn't affect roster lineups, future roster decisions, ticket prices or real estate.

Spot on about Jeff Green. These media 'experts' never look into everything that goes in to these deals and get hung up on the initial dollar value and cry.

Don't fall for the trap. Every team that's gotten him have had the same thought and he's been average, at best. He may have 1 good/great game for every 10-15 subpar/average showings.

He can just average 14 a game and i'm fine with it. He's a temporary fix. He is a versatile player too which is nice and can defend. He fills a large hole on our roster and yes he will disappear completely some games, but he will also win us some games this year too. That's the Jeff Green way, and I'm happy with it.

Hahaha, no worries, definitely not expecting it... but it would be such a Jeff Green thing to do to wait to come to Orlando of all places to actually break out.

It's a trap -- not falling for it -- rooting for it tho.

He's a temp band aid.

So what's out starting 5? Was discussing it with my brother..is the plan to start Mario out the gate or start Evan and ease Mario in down the season? Does ag or vuch go to the bench? Does green start or our 6th man?

There is zero chance Mario starts out of the gate and equally zero chance Fournier does not start. Come on guy. We just paid the dude 17 mil.

Free agent guard Kent Bazemore has agreed to a four-year, $70M deal to re-sign with Atlanta, league sources tell The Vertical.

BUT THAT JEFF GREEN CONTRACT GUYS

I actually hate how much I like our off-season. Like, I can't even complain. We did nothing great, but we did nothing stupid. We signed a bunch of good role players to reasonable contracts. We did nothing that is going to handicap us moving forward.

Also, I think people need to give Fournier some credit because he could have got more money elsewhere, or at least forced our hand to pay him more--but he wanted to be here. He wants to win here and see this thing out and I love that.

This is by far the best we've been since Dwight was here. I think we could be a 5-7 seed. Never know how a bunch of new guys are gonna gel but we have a deep roster with a great coach. This should be the start of it.

Top 6:

Cleveland

Detroit

Toronto

Indian

Atlanta

Boston

Bot 5:

Hornets

Washington

NY

Heat

Bucks

do you think we can beat top 6?

and

do you think we can beat half of the team in bot 5?

at this point I'd be happy just to make the playoffs for real

There is zero chance Mario starts out of the gate and equally zero chance Fournier does not start. Come on guy. We just paid the dude 17 mil.

He'd have to be pretty special in training camp to start out of the gate.

Nobody knows yet. I'm guessing even the coaching staff isn't completely sure yet.

Free agent guard Kent Bazemore has agreed to a four-year, $70M deal to re-sign with Atlanta, league sources tell The Vertical.

I'd rather have green plz, Bazemore is BBQ chicken to LBJ and Carmelo all day

I can hear it now:

"This is a smart signing for the Hawks. They brought in a motivated Dwight Howard and Batman needs his Robin. Hawks could ill afford to let Bazemore get away and they did what they had to do to keep them. Kudos to them for getting it done"

js3SsYYvMiWLC.gif