Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Still worth it even if it makes it only marginally more difficult.

If it helps only one time out of 1000 it's worth doing.

Still worth it even if it makes it only marginally more difficult.

Yep. Criminals will break laws but you gotta make sure you have laws in the first place

Guns should be licensed and regulated but an outright ban would be ineffectual. Can't wait for the despicable people who will be claiming this is a hoax. It will be particularly disgusting to me, because this is my home.

Horrible news to wake up to. Beyond sickening.

I went right into Shoot Strait in Casselberry and got a new carry gun. My current CC weapon was a tad bulky and I found myself not carrying as much as I should. So went in and got something that fits much more comfortable around my waist. Sucks this is the world we live in, but I will protect my family and myself at all costs.

For the record, I got my first gun when I was 8. I won't even say on here how many I own. It's just been a hobby my entire life and one that I love to share with my friends and family. Having said that, I'm all for stricter background checks. No, I don't think it will prevent guns from getting in the hands of bad guys, but if nothing else it will make make it more difficult and that alone is worth it.

To me, someone that was on the FBI watch list for any amount of time (short or long) should not be able to purchase a firearm. Anyone with any past/present mental health issues should not be able to purchase a firearm. Anyone that has ever been in trouble for more then a speeding ticket should not be able to purchase a firearm.

Also sad that an event like this happens and the first thing people talk about is gun control. Not the fact that ISIS and radical Islams are living in our neighborhoods. If it wasn't a gun, it would have been a bomb. Again, all for more intense background checks and what not--but there is a much bigger issue here people.

I really hope that next time an event like this happens (and unfortunately there will be a next time)--a law abiding citizen is able to pull out their own weapon and end this terrorists life long before they can take any innocent people with them.

Side note: Would have loved to see some current Magic players out in the community cheering/supporting all of those volunteers that were in lines today to give blood. I saw Bo Outlaw out there but would have been really cool to see some current players helping out. Not sure if they're even in town just saying.

Also sad that an event like this happens and the first thing people talk about is gun control. Not the fact that ISIS and radical Islams are living in our neighborhoods. If it wasn't a gun, it would have been a bomb. Again, all for more intense background checks and what not--but there is a much bigger issue here people.

I really hope that next time an event like this happens (and unfortunately there will be a next time)--a law abiding citizen is able to pull out their own weapon and end this terrorists life long before they can take any innocent people with them.

Side note: Would have loved to see some current Magic players out in the community cheering/supporting all of those volunteers that were in lines today to give blood. I saw Bo Outlaw out there but would have been really cool to see some current players helping out. Not sure if they're even in town just saying.

They were off-duty officers at the scene that engage the shooter and yet 50 people are still dead. So your imaginary scenario of a law-abiding citizen pulling a Dirty Harry and blowing the perpetrator away is very unlikely. And discussions about both radical Islam and gun control can be had; it doesn't have to be one or the other. The point is that this man was able to walk into a store and buy a killing machine with very little questions asked. What use is there for a f****** assault rifle other than to mow down people like just happened last night.

They were off-duty officers at the scene that engage the shooter and yet 50 people are still dead. So your imaginary scenario of a law-abiding citizen pulling a Dirty Harry and blowing the perpetrator away is very unlikely. And discussions about both radical Islam and gun control can be had; it doesn't have to be one or the other. The point is that this man was able to walk into a store and buy a killing machine with very little questions asked. What use is there for a f****** assault rifle other than to mow down people like just happened last night.

Killing Machine??? LOL pathetic. Not gonna debate with someone like you. I've owned an AR for 10 years and mines never "mowed people down". The point is, for recreational purposes they're incredibly fun guns to shoot. Also, the term "assault rifle" was created by anti-gun lobbyist to scare people. It's literally just a semi automatic gun. Just like a hand gun, or any other "semi-auto" rifle. Now if you want to talk about banning the drum mags that hold 100 rounds, I'll agree with you on that.

You've probably never fired a gun in your life. That's cool though, it's America. We don't have to agree. That's the beauty of it.

I'm all for meeting anti-gun people somewhere in the middle. But it's people like you that there is no talking to. Guns are evil to you. It's strange none of the guns in my gun safe have ever been killing machines. I guess I buy different types of guns, I've never seen the ones that sneak out at night and become Killing Machines.

Killing Machine??? LOL pathetic. Not gonna debate with someone like you. I've owned an AR for 10 years and mines never "mowed people down". The point is, for recreational purposes they're incredibly fun guns to shoot. Also, the term "assault rifle" was created by anti-gun lobbyist to scare people. It's literally just a semi automatic gun. Just like a hand gun, or any other "semi-auto" rifle. Now if you want to talk about banning the drum mags that hold 100 rounds, I'll agree with you on that.

You've probably never fired a gun in your life. That's cool though, it's America. We don't have to agree. That's the beauty of it.

I'm all for meeting anti-gun people somewhere in the middle. But it's people like you that there is no talking to. Guns are evil to you. It's strange none of the guns in my gun safe have ever been killing machines. I guess I buy different types of guns, I've never seen those.

You're right, guns weren't specifically designed for killing humans. How silly of me to suggest that.

You're right, guns weren't specifically designed for killing humans. How silly of me to suggest that.

Your insinuating that all gun owners use their guns to kill people. It's insulting. Shooting is an Olympic sport, you realize that right?

Again, if you want to talk about reasonable efforts to make it harder for terrorist/criminals to obtain guns--I'm all for it. But your the type that's so anti-gun there is not talking to.

Once again, this is now a gun debate. Not the fact that we have ISIS living in neighborhoods next to us. You can talk about guns and how they are killing machines and that's great. I'd rather talk about how America is now flooded with radial Islams. God forbid you or me are ever in one of these situations in the future, I'll at least have a fighting chance at survival--you can try to talk the guy out of what he's doing I guess.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/4291/here-your-complete-list-islamic-terror-attacks-aaron-bandler

Add Orlando to that list.

If anyone else has reasonable gun control ideas they want to toss around, I'm all for hearing them. But it can't be with someone who just hates guns and thinks they're only used to kill people. There's no talking to those people. If anyone else knows how we can prevent terror attacks here in the future I'd like to hear those too. Because at the end of the day you could take away every gun on earth and terrorist attacks will still happen. Bombs, planes, who knows.