Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I figured that but didn't bother looking it up. Good job.

Wasn't Fournier up there one point last year? He was like 20+ ppg during a good stretch correct?

he averaged something like 18.6 ppg the first 15 games and the final 31 games. I think the philosophy of the offseason is based around Fournier being closer to that guy than the 11.6 ppg guy he was during the middle of the season.

he averaged something like 18.6 ppg the first 15 games and the final 31 games. I think the philosophy of the offseason is based around Fournier being closer to that guy than the 11.6 ppg guy he was during the middle of the season.

Possibly with the intent to groom Mario to overtake him. I personally think Mario has the capability to be an 20+ppg scorer in an couple of years.

Presently, you put AG at the three, let him intiate the offense with Ibaka on one side and Fournier the other. Vuch can keep the defense honest and is crafty enough to make an play rather it's to score or make the pass to an open man and pray to God Payton's shot is improved.

If AG shines, awesome. We go from there.

[/size]

http://hardwoodparox...s-heat-celtics/

I can 't remember seeing anyone predict we'll make the playoffs this year.

Every year there's at least a couple of teams who are much better/worse than the national media think. People thought the Bucks would be good last year. Nobody thought the Rockets would only be the 8th seed last year. Etc etc.

Everybody cant have a Lebron, KD or Curry for sure but at least try to find ONE player who will be in the top 40 in the league in scoring during the last 4 years would be nice. At this point a ton of money was spent and no one looks like a top 40 scorer...that is what the complaints are about.

Yeah coz you know for a fact we didn't try doing that already. Durant sure would have gone here if we offered him that cash. Henny so stupid he gave max contracts to people who don't deserve it, and now we are stuck with mediocre players for years! We are screwed!

Yeah coz you know for a fact we didn't try doing that already. Durant sure would have gone here if we offered him that cash. Henny so stupid he gave max contracts to people who don't deserve it, and now we are stuck with mediocre players for years! We are screwed!

I'm pretty sure you were just being sarcastic to Notorious, since Henny did not do any of that max for mediocre; but let's start with a few facts:

1) NO ONE ON THIS TEAM HAS A MAX CONTRACT

2) Our current payroll is now at about $102M, which is what the cap is projected to be next year.

3) Next year the following salaries come off our books -

a. Jeff Green - $15M

b. Serge Ibaka - $12.25M

c. Jodi Meeks - $6.54M

4) If we relinquish our rights to Green and Meeks, that gives us about $20M to pursue a max/near-max FA next year, and as long as we sign them first, we can then go over the cap to re-sign Ibaka.

Why is everyone arguing over question marks? So someone can say they were right at the end of next season? I understand there isn't much to talk about this time of the year, but this horse seems like it's been beaten enough. We're gonna be quite a different team next season and we're counting a lot of our young guys to step up(if they don't we have plenty of capable players to take their minutes). We could be anywhere from mediocre to pretty good next season. None of us really know for sure.

Why is everyone arguing over question marks? So someone can say they were right at the end of next season? I understand there isn't much to talk about this time of the year, but this horse seems like it's been beaten enough. We're gonna be quite a different team next season and we're counting a lot of our young guys to step up(if they don't we have plenty of capable players to take their minutes). We could be anywhere from mediocre to pretty good next season. None of us really know for sure.

if we don't argue about question marks I have to accomplish things at work.

I'm pretty sure you were just being sarcastic to Notorious, since Henny did not do any of that max for mediocre; but let's start with a few facts:

1) NO ONE ON THIS TEAM HAS A MAX CONTRACT

2) Our current payroll is now at about $102M, which is what the cap is projected to be next year.

3) Next year the following salaries come off our books -

a. Jeff Green - $15M

b. Serge Ibaka - $12.25M

c. Jodi Meeks - $6.54M

4) If we relinquish our rights to Green and Meeks, that gives us about $20M to pursue a max/near-max FA next year, and as long as we sign them first, we can then go over the cap to re-sign Ibaka.

"Ding ding ding ding .... Ding ding ding ding..." in the vein of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.

if we don't argue about question marks I have to accomplish things at work.

In that case I'm pretty sure Biyombo will win DPOY and Payton will win Most Improved.

No! The Magic sux for sure!!!! We have no stars, and we lost the only star we had in Oledepo. Henny should have never picked Payton coz Payton sux! Henny should have picked Porzingis over Hedonism!!! Now Porzingis will be the next Nowatski! We sux so bad, I can't take it.