Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

You really think any team is going to trade for a one year rental of WB?

I'd trade Vuch, Payton, one of Mario or AG and draft picks.

But you are trading for a one year rental. There is absolutely no guarantee he sticks around. People can go on and on about how they wouldn't do it unless Westbrook promises to resign, but he isn't going to sign an extension, and there is no reason for him not to renege on any verbal agreement if he so desires.

You really think any team is going to trade for a one year rental of WB?

I'd trade Vuch, Payton, one of Mario or AG and draft picks.

Some desperate franchise will consider it for sure. Hell we gave up assets for what could potentially be a rental of Ibaka.

I honestly wouldn't trade Aaron Gordon for anyone. I'm expecting great things from him in the next two seasons. I feel he'll hit his shots consistently this year and think he'll hit all star status his fourth season. Just a gut feeling

Yeah me too but my expectations are not always met.

We know what WB can do.

But you are trading for a one year rental. There is absolutely no guarantee he sticks around. People can go on and on about how they wouldn't do it unless Westbrook promises to resign, but he isn't going to sign an extension, and there is no reason for him not to renege on any verbal agreement if he so desires.

Maybe but it's all speculation. He could very well go to a place that he is good with and agree to resign. I'm pretty sure Presti and him would talk about this if it comes up.

Yeah me too but my expectations are not always met.

We know what WB can do.

Agreed, if Westbrook agrees to sign an extension you trade Gordon for him in a heartbeat and never look back. But it isn't worth the risk currently with him possibly being able to bail to the Lakers.

Some desperate franchise will consider it for sure. Hell we gave up assets for what could potentially be a rental of Ibaka.

Ibaka isn't a top 5 player though and the assets we gave up was Dipo and two warm bodies.

Honestly if they trade Vucevic, Payton, Hezonja, and picks for Westbrook on a possible one year rental it'd be shameful.

I dunno if I agree. Payton might progress but he could very well be Brevin Knight. Vuch is outdated center presently and Mario is potential.

WB is a top 5 player in the league. It's a risk but it's something to mull over.

Ibaka isn't a top 5 player though and the assets we gave up was Dipo and two warm bodies.

Which we can only pray was not too much.

I don't think so. Dipo will be solid and may even make an all star or two but he isn't first tier

Ibaka was far more of an important piece to us than anything we gave up. We're also giving him a bigger role like he wanted.

I don't even count Ilyasova because they probably would've released him anyway so really we traded Oladipo and Sabonis for Ibaka which is okay with me.