Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I really hope we dont see 2 pg lineups. Having Ibaka/Biyombo/Gordon to cover ground will help against quicker guards.

Nikola Vucevic, C 65 60 31.3

Evan Fournier, SG 79 71 32.5

Elfrid Payton, PG 73 69 29.4

Aaron Gordon, PF 78 23.9

Brandon Jennings, PG† 25 18.1

Mario Hezonja, SG 79 17.9

data from last year...

I expect Vuc to get around 30 min again

Evan probably 32min give or take

Payton same around 30

Backup PG 18

Hezonja hopefully will get over 20min

Green probably get his 18

Biyombo probably around 28 min, he had 22min last season, an increase.

Ibaka played 32min last season, expect him to be around that again, playoffs playing time is completely different, just so you know

gonna be a 9-men rotation

Meeks Watson shabazz deep in bench

not sure if we match Dedman if he gets offer over 6mil per year for 4 years

zimmerman might make the team

not sure if marble will be back

we lost 16 ppg from trading victor.... everything else is the same...

ibaka will probably score 14ppg....

2 more ppg will come from the growth of payton, gordon and hezonja

jeff and biyomba can replace the scoring from ersan and jason easily...

we could let dedmon walk and sign jason for another year to back up

DJ will be a better backup than Jennings, jennings is a shoot first type

What do you mean?

That Vucevic is going to be in the mix to lead the team in minutes after we just signed someone else to a big contract? I understand players get overpaid in FA, but you don't overpay for players you don't see as starters and key contributors. Nikola Vucevic isn't a center piece of this team anymore, and there is nothing wrong with that. When he was a center piece the team was bottom dwelling trash. He's a quality player with a solid offensive game but I think it's obvious that he doesn't fit what Vogel is looking to do. He may not necessarily be traded right away because the Magic don't have a lot of leverage in trade talks with Biyombo signing now, but he will be moved sooner than later. I don't hate the guy, but just like with Oladipo it is just better to not get so emotionally attached to players that aren't stars.

It's clear Vuc is gone.Even those that like him know he is a defensive liability on a team that for two years has tried to be more defensive. The only question is for who and what position. We need to move him for an above average scorer

I actually think that we're keeping Vuc till, at the most, the trade deadline. If Payton falls flat again, they'll be packaged for a PG or an SF. Like I said, unless an AS calibur player becomes available this summer. Butler and Hayward are names still going around, but with no legit source.

Until then, we're gonna keep him and use him for now.

This^

That Vucevic is going to be in the mix to lead the team in minutes after we just signed someone else to a big contract? I understand players get overpaid in FA, but you don't overpay for players you don't see as starters and key contributors. Nikola Vucevic isn't a center piece of this team anymore, and there is nothing wrong with that. When he was a center piece the team was bottom dwelling trash. He's a quality player with a solid offensive game but I think it's obvious that he doesn't fit what Vogel is looking to do. He may not necessarily be traded right away because the Magic don't have a lot of leverage in trade talks with Biyombo signing now, but he will be moved sooner than later. I don't hate the guy, but just like with Oladipo it is just better to not get so emotionally attached to players that aren't stars.

Old school thinking like this. Better start Harrison Barnes over Stephen Curry ya'll! Lol

What about Vuc for dirk. Dallas is clearly in rebuild. They get a young center pied to start over we get a vet that is able to score and more import efficiently