Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I may be of the minority, but Ibaka >>> Dipo straight up regarding our team's needs. Also, with Dipo gone, it will force Mario and Fournier to step up. I think Mario >>> Dipo when it comes to potential being a star.

I agree on Mario. I think that his impact on this year is being severely underrated. He's had a year to adapt. He now has a coach that doesn't waste young talent. lastly, with Victor exiting he now has minutes. Lastly, I think Henny has seen something in practice that gives him the feeling Mario is going to break out. That is why the stop gap pieces are in place to cover him on off nights, but the guys being brought in aren't expecting a starting spot.

The we are matching everything on Fournier could be floated to let everyone know if they want Fournier, don't sign him to an offer sheet, bring us an offer on a sign and trade. Fournier has indicated he wants to be back with the Magic. I suspect that they have exchanged figures and Orlando is telling Fournier that if there is another team he'd like to play for that is willing to pay him significantly more, we will make that happen.

Nothing sexy about our offseason at all, but Rob seems to be refusing to pay people more than they're worth. I'm curious what's going to happen with Fournier with 6 guards already on the roster. I think Napier gets bought out.

Bro, even if he offered them the max, do you really think Conley, Durant, Batum would even come here? Relax. Plus, I'm glad he didn't offer Parsons the max. That guy is on the decline. What he has done is keep our flexibility and improved our team's defense and 3-point shooting, and we're not done. If he signs Barnes, then he could be the potential star we lack. I'd be impressed if we get Barnes for $16/mil per year ala Harris type numbers. Barnes would be an upgrade over Harris.

Nothing sexy about our offseason at all, but Rob seems to be refusing to pay people more than they're worth. I'm curious what's going to happen with Fournier with 6 guards already on the roster. I think Napier gets bought out.

Ibaka, DJ, Green/Barnes, Founier, Meeks is pretty damn sexy to me. Sure, there's no Durant or Paul George but we have a very talented bunch, depth, and have very tradable pieces for that moment when a star becomes available. Now get Barnes or Green!!!

Bro, even if he offered them the max, do you really think Conley, Durant, Batum would even come here? Relax. Plus, I'm glad he didn't offer Parsons the max. That guy is on the decline. What he has done is keep our flexibility and improved our team's defense and 3-point shooting, and we're not done. If he signs Barnes, then he could be the potential star we lack. I'd be impressed if we get Barnes for $16/mil per year ala Harris type numbers. Barnes would be an upgrade over Harris.

I am relaxed. I like our approach so far, just curious what our last couple moves are

I agree on Mario. I think that his impact on this year is being severely underrated. He's had a year to adapt. He now has a coach that doesn't waste young talent. lastly, with Victor exiting he now has minutes. Lastly, I think Henny has seen something in practice that gives him the feeling Mario is going to break out. That is why the stop gap pieces are in place to cover him on off nights, but the guys being brought in aren't expecting a starting spot.

The we are matching everything on Fournier could be floated to let everyone know if they want Fournier, don't sign him to an offer sheet, bring us an offer on a sign and trade. Fournier has indicated he wants to be back with the Magic. I suspect that they have exchanged figures and Orlando is telling Fournier that if there is another team he'd like to play for that is willing to pay him significantly more, we will make that happen.

Who's underrating him?

Ibaka, DJ, Green/Barnes, Founier, Meeks is pretty damn sexy to me. Sure, there's no Durant or Paul George but we have a very talented bunch, depth, and have very tradable pieces for that moment when a star becomes available. Now get Barnes or Green!!!

And a center and/or PF to your list, and our summer is done.

I agree that Barnes value took a hit due to his under-whelming playoffs, but I still don't think you are going to see him sign for less than $18-$19M.

Looks like we have a team option on Napier next summer. I wouldn't be surprised if we just stick with him through next summer and maybe try to move Watson for a vet big. Really glad neither of those 2 will be our backup PG this year though. Augustin signing is looking pretty good. Hopefully there's a team option later in the deal or a declining contract because he is 29.

Looks like we have a team option on Napier next summer. I wouldn't be surprised if we just stick with him through next summer and maybe try to move Watson for a vet big. Really glad neither of those 2 will be our backup PG this year though. Augustin signing is looking pretty good. Hopefully there's a team option later in the deal or a declining contract because he is 29.

he's still gonna be effective at age 34 he's not a player that relies on his athleticism that much