Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Rather keep Smith tbh.

Also not that sold on Meek trade, think we should have got something for taking the contract.

He's got one year 6.5 million left -- that's not a lot

If anything that's a good trade chip for February and the deal is cheap in comparison to what it would've taken to get Jamal Crawford. I think Henny realizes he won't get a bunch of high dollar FAs so he jumped on a chance to add a shooter without losing anything. Not a bad deal, but hardly anything to be excited about. We added shooting off the bench, it's solid.

If anything that's a good trade chip for February and the deal is cheap in comparison to what it would've taken to get Jamal Crawford. I think Henny realizes he won't get a bunch of high dollar FAs so he jumped on a chance to add a shooter without losing anything. Not a bad deal, but hardly anything to be excited about. We added shooting off the bench, it's solid.

I agree. Def not an exciting move -- still have ways to go.

I just don't think Ibaka stays if we bring in another center

Ibaka could be the C with Horford the PF. Thats the beauty of them.

It's not a lot but it helps Detroit and I feel like they probably could have paid a 2nd rounder or something for that.

The Meeks move is incredibly boring and there is not 1 thing sexy/exciting about it--but it's a good move.

He's still just 28 and is a knockdown shooter that will solidify our bench. I hated the deal at first, but when you actually get over the fact that we can't sign 2 max guys now (which is very deflating) the move makes sense.

Meeks

Fournier

Mario

Gives us a really nice Trio of snipers.

It for sure doesn't have the appeal of signing a guy like Crawford, but it is a nice move for this season and gives us an expiring going into next summer.

Ibaka could be the C with Horford the PF. Thats the beauty of them.

Bleh. The appeal of Horford was having a center to play next to Gordon in order to improve our pick and roll defense. Don't see the appeal of paying Horford and Ibaka near 60 million in 17-18. Money is better spent elsewhere

He reminds me of what Leandro Barbosa is for GS. Vet guy who is ready to go when you call his number and wont rock the boat.

He reminds me of what Leandro Barbosa is for GS. Vet guy who is ready to go when you call his number and wont rock the boat.

Eh, I get what you're saying but he's not as chaotic as barbosa.

Bleh. The appeal of Horford was having a center to play next to Gordon in order to improve our pick and roll defense. Don't see the appeal of paying Horford and Ibaka near 60 million in 17-18. Money is better spent elsewhere

This. My thought on Horford has always been if KD wants to play with him, you bet. By himself, he'd be a maxed out guy at age 33 and doesn't push the needle as far as I would like a max guy would.

Cole Aldrich is a serviceable big off the bench and at a inexpensive cost, not a bad idea.

I'd rather keep Smith then bring in Cole.

Side note:

Yikes. We went from talking about Conely, Durant, Batum, Parsons, Derozan, to talking about Cold Aldrich. Let's guide this ship back in a positive direction.