Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

woooahhh look who decided to drop by.

Amazing, isn't it? :) Am I allowed to chill with y'all in this comfy sofa I found here in the corner?

They're looking hard at both deals. Big shake-up coming in Chicago I think. - @chadfordinsider

ESPN Insider added,

Eric @WaldoWilbur

@ESPNInsider @chadfordinsider Any idea what the Bulls do? Definitely trading Rose and/or Butler? #AskChadFord

Trading for Butler could entice a top free agent (Horford) to us. Unfortunately I think it would cost us Vooch, Dipo, and #11 to outbid Boston.

Jonathan [via mobile]

Orlando is rumored to have big plans in free agency w/ Parsons and Horford the expected targets. Would a team, then, be wise to reach a deal with Fournier early to force the Magic's hand? Who are some teams likely to have interest in Fournier? And, what do you think of him?

Kevin Pelton (3:42 PM)

I've been a bit of a Fournier skeptic, but he did show me something late in the season running pick-and-rolls. I'd still be reluctant to give him more than $20 million a year, and I think that's what's going to be necessary to win a bidding war for him even if the Magic are reluctant to match for the reasons you mention. Could see teams like Memphis and New Orleans having interest.

http://espn.go.com/s...er-kevin-pelton

Amazing, isn't it? :)/> Am I allowed to chill with y'all in this comfy sofa I found here in the corner?

There's something you should probably know about that sofa....

It is indeed very comfy.

Who is rumoring Parsons as one of our top targets? If Parsons is one of our targets at all, that is depressing.

It's the easy connection. Parsons grew up in Central Florida and went to UF, so people just look at those two things and assume. I'm sure Parsons would entertain coming here, but I don't think interest is mutual. It's the same people that are spreading the Parsons, Noah and Horford all to the Magic rumors strictly because they went to UF.

Who is rumoring Parsons as one of our top targets? If Parsons is one of our targets at all, that is depressing.

I know -- ew -- gimme butler.

Honestly, is there much difference between what Fournier and Parsons can do for us?

I know -- ew -- gimme butler.

Honestly, is there much difference between what Fournier and Parsons can do for us?

Nope, and it's a near guarantee Fournier will play more games