Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

So there's been more rumors that we're Dwight's number one destination.

If we want him, we can have him.

He would be a cancer to our team. We have young impressionable guys with lots of upside.

His body language and antics in the last game vs Warriors says it all. He has no will to get his team a win when they're down.

No thanks.

Why do they need to eat all together? Do they need to hold hands in warmups too?

I was referring to riding in separate busses/vehicles to away games. It's Childish. Reminds me of a family on a road trip in a family van. The brother and sister can't sit next to each other so one is in the middle row while one is in the back.

Million Dollar athletes can't even sit next to each other because their ego is too big for their comments sense and decency.

• Upvote 1

And there is also the shooting issue. Gordon often turns down open shots, as does Payton. With both Gordon and Payton in the lineup, the other team has two guys to sag off and really clog the interior. That makes it real tough on the other three.

This is statistically balderdash. Gordon is already a better-than-decent shooter for his position. His 3-point shooting is still developing, but he doesn't pass up shots. 25% of his shots come from outside. Statistically, he's a better mid-range shooter (and a much more willing one) than Draymond Green. Draymond had a terrific year from outside this year, but even last year (when he was still a very effective stretch 4), Dray was not much better if any than Gordon this year. And Gordon is 20 years old, with %s trending upward just like Draymond after his first two years. There is every reason to believe Gordon will be a fine stretch 4 on offense; in fact, his shooting from everywhere is good enough to be excited about from a 4.

I was referring to riding in separate busses/vehicles to away games. It's Childish. Reminds me of a family on a road trip in a family van. The brother and sister can't sit next to each other so one is in the middle row while one is in the back.

Million Dollar athletes can't even sit next to each other because their ego is too big for their comments sense and decency.

I'm not really on board with this Dwight thing either (if I were Rob and going to potentially screw the chemistry here for talent, I'd be sweet talking Larry Sanders into a return to basketball... pipe dreamish I know).. but I really wonder how much of this is Dwight's attitude and how bad of a locker room guy James Harden is turning out to be. He reminds me of Jordan's lack of trust in his teammates except without the talent to back it up.

I'm not really on board with this Dwight thing either (if I were Rob and going to potentially screw the chemistry here for talent, I'd be sweet talking Larry Sanders into a return to basketball... pipe dreamish I know).. but I really wonder how much of this is Dwight's attitude and how bad of a locker room guy James Harden is turning out to be. He reminds me of Jordan's lack of trust in his teammates except without the talent to back it up.

Not to mention the rest of the squad. Young guys with no sense of direction, a JET who is just really too old for this s***, Beasley and Josh?!?!... did Parsons jump ship before the SS Morey does a Titanic?

A true PF would indeed make our interior defense better and help cover Vuch's perceived weaknesses. And there is also the shooting issue. Gordon often turns down open shots, as does Payton. With both Gordon and Payton in the lineup, the other team has two guys to sag off and really clog the interior. That makes it real tough on the other three.

That's fair. I'm of the belief that we need to force Gordon into the starting lineup in order to fast track his development. He's inconsistent but the best way to remove inconsistency is experience. It's worth having a small issue now in order to reap the rewards in a year or two

• Upvote 1

My post was more a knock on Harden than Dwight being that from what I understand Dwight rode with the team while Harden took a separate vehicle.

I hate Harden much more than I hate Dwight and im no fan of Dwight.

Read a Yahoo headline that read something like "Jordans hire save Hornets".

What separates the Hornets from us? Looking at their roster they are eerily similar to ours. The only difference I see is time. Not much of an observation but it just solidifies we are on the right track. I love Clifford but I think Skiles is pretty close.

• Upvote 1

My post was more a knock on Harden than Dwight being that from what I understand Dwight rode with the team while Harden took a separate vehicle.

I hate Harden much more than I hate Dwight and im no fan of Dwight.

Yeah I guess I knew that and said it anyway lol.. sorry. It's just funny that the Dwight stuff gets so much attention in the media but it seems Harden's just going to be alone on an island ... probably with Morey and no pr**k wanting to play with him in a few years either. I always wondered, outside of money if there was really a good reason why OKC just had enough and I guess that's it.

Evan Turner called Boston “the best place to play” and said he’s absolutely like to re-sign with the Celtics, but he cautioned that it’s not a foregone conclusion in comments he made after Thursday’s season-ending loss to Atlanta, as Adam Himmelsbach of The Boston Globe relays. “Just fit obviously,” Turner said when asked what he’d prioritize in free agency. “I want to get a decent amount of money, you know what I’m saying? But at the same time the fit is going to be huge and the opportunity to play on a winning team. I have played on [bad] teams a couple times and it’s not fun. But obviously the fit, the opportunity to play, and the opportunity to progress and win.”

A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com points to the fondness the Knicks have for the former No. 2 overall pick and suggests the Magic will come after Turner, too. Orlando has no shortage of cap space, with enough for two maximum-salary free agents, and while it shouldn’t take the max to secure Turner, he appears poised for a raise on his salary of less than $3.426MM for this season.

I've never been a big fan of Turner.

Read a Yahoo headline that read something like "Jordans hire save Hornets".

What separates the Hornets from us? Looking at their roster they are eerily similar to ours. The only difference I see is time. Not much of an observation but it just solidifies we are on the right track. I love Clifford but I think Skiles is pretty close.

Kemba has way more offensive potential than any of our guards, Batum is a very complete player and we don't have anyone like him, they shoot a ton of 3s and Zeller is competent on defense.

I think we have some great pieces, like Oladipo and Gordon that could totally start for a championship team in a few years, but we need to make some good basketball moves

Edit: And Clifford seems to be a far superior coach than Skiles, knowing what works in today's NBA and not being afraid to change his lineup

That's fair. I'm of the belief that we need to force Gordon into the starting lineup in order to fast track his development. He's inconsistent but the best way to remove inconsistency is experience. It's worth having a small issue now in order to reap the rewards in a year or two

Agreed

And btw, I like your idea of Durant going to Portland, even if it might be a longshot to actually happen.

Lillard and McCollum are bombers from long range and they share the ball a lot, as a team.

I looooove Mason Plumlee (a guy I drafted in fantasy) and he's a great facilitator, good defender and pretty athletic.

The Blazers can hurt you even playing with Harkless and Aminu as their forwards, imagine what they can do with actually talented and consistent guys.