Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

GAME THREAD: MAGIC Vs. PACERS

I like how we're not flying into people anymore contesting shots, we're flying by them. ;)/>/> Does just enough. Dang! Another Vuc shot.

See, visible growth. Not just theoretical. All there was was speculation last year we would get better. Sure we started off great. We were fresh off of hard accountability from Coach.

We play like this next season, we win a top-6 seed.

I mean, 19-13, we know is possible. And that's good. The 1-15 stretch afterward can't happen again. Cut that in half, and you have another 6-7 wins. How many games have we played this season where you heard post-game that we "just need to learn how to finish off games?" Maybe some of those were in the 1-15 stretch, but I had to have heard that at least 10x or more this season. They played great vs. Spurs, Golden State, OKC. Elite teams.

I sense some development in chemistry. I liked the article on Fournier about him becoming more vocal, because he's understands English more. These are "little things" to us, but it can make all the difference when you take the timeout to rebound from another team's run. That makes all the difference between being 2-8, let's say, in games where you were within 2 pts in the final minutes, and 5-5, 6-4, 7-3.

That kind of discipline needs to be internalized. I think we're heading in the right direction in a steady manner. Should we pick up a superstar, great. But this team is coming together on their own. They want to, and they can. They're believing in it, and they see the results from it.

I mean, 19-13, we know is possible. And that's good. The 1-15 stretch afterward can't happen again. Cut that in half, and you have another 6-7 wins. How many games have we played this season where you heard post-game that we "just need to learn how to finish off games?" Maybe some of those were in the 1-15 stretch, but I had to have heard that at least 10x or more this season. They played great vs. Spurs, Golden State, OKC. Elite teams.

I sense some development in chemistry. I liked the article on Fournier about him becoming more vocal, because he's understands English more. These are "little things" to us, but it can make all the difference when you take the timeout to rebound from another team's run. That makes all the difference between being 2-8, let's say, in games where you were within 2 pts in the final minutes, and 5-5, 6-4, 7-3.

That kind of discipline needs to be internalized. I think we're heading in the right direction in a steady manner. Should we pick up a superstar, great. But this team is coming together on their own. They want to, and they can. They're believing in it, and they see the results from it.

Sometimes this team looks super deep and other times it looks like it's filled with scrubs. So bipolar.

I like the fact that we're winning games and hope we keep doing it when it matters

Well....ok. This isn't convincing to me enough. Had the Magic been doing this WITH playoff hopes, I'd be thrilled that we finally turned it around. I see this as the Magic playing well without the pressure of making the playoffs. Eventually, they're going to have to handle the pressure next season and ongoing to contend.

Overly prepared.

On a positive note, Oladipo has been the most impressive. His transition defense is the highlight. He's also moving towards a foundation within his game. He's going with mid range shooting from 15 feet which suits him better than jacking those three bombs earlier in the season. Transitioning towards being a two way dominate player.

Tonight, he took away various fast breaks and points in the paint. Particularly against George Hill, CJ Milles, and Monte Ellis. Those three guys have been problems for us in the series match up in which they've owned the Magic for the most part of the season. I despise all three of these players. George Hill killed us in catch in shoot. Monte Ellis use to be a major thorn in the Magic's side when they were contending. CJ Miles seems to shoot well throughout his career against us.

Lavoy allen, a nameless scrub, had 8 offensive rebounds against the Magic tonight. They overcame that. Those are usually one of various statistically categories that result in the Magic losing.

Founier had tremendous game. The highlight for me was his defense on george. He limited him to 11-23. About 48 percent.

Missed the game on vacay -- why are we winning now lol

Ball movement. Defense. Dominant bench.

We win when we have Dipo coming off the bench. We win when we have Vuc coming off the bench. That means it's good to have a starter caliber player coming off the bench to take over the second unit. Spread the wealth.