Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

Because Rob Hennigan cleaned things up

Your talking in circles man. It's Dwight's fault that we traded Shard for Otis's boy who we amnestied. It's Dwight's fault Otis signed Davis after Davis played a key role for Boston in their run but didn't work out here. It's Dwight's fault Otis reverted to good ol Magic nepotism trading for Hedo after Hedo had nothing left....

Your talking in circles man. It's Dwight's fault that we traded Shard for Otis's boy who we amnestied. It's Dwight's fault Otis signed Davis after Davis played a key role for Boston in their run but didn't work out here. It's Dwight's fault Otis reverted to good ol Magic nepotism trading for Hedo after Hedo had nothing left....

Your argument makes no sense bro. Your Dwight homerism, despite all the reports I've posted, is just sad at this point.

Your friend is your source. My sources are reports from the media.

It's well known Dwight wanted Gilbert and big baby. There's no argument about it.

Your argument makes no sense bro. Your Dwight homerism, despite all the reports I've posted, is just sad at this point.

Your friend is your source. My sources are reports from the media.

It's well known Dwight wanted Gilbert and big baby. There's no argument about it.

I've said it clear as day and repeatedly that I have no desire to resign Dwight. I suggest you look back previous posts. They're not deleted.

My point all all along was what went wrong here and in Houston isn't all on Dwight. He has his share of the blame but not all.

My point is unbiased and purely subjective whiles yours comes from an emotional feeling compared to a young kid who had their heart broken by a girlfriend. Proof?

The person I knew wasn't a friend. He's VERY closely related to a Magic player. This player was a starter for the Magic and was here with Dwight throughout Dwight's career in Orlando.

If you can't admit Otis didn't have a hand in bringing in Arenas, I'll be happy to google it and paste the proof or you can get over you emotional opinion and do it yourself.

I've said it clear as day and repeatedly that I have no desire to resign Dwight. I suggest you look back previous posts. They're not deleted.

My point all all along was what went wrong here and in Houston isn't all on Dwight. He has his share of the blame but not all.

My point is unbiased and purely subjective whiles yours comes from an emotional feeling compared to a young kid who had their heart broken by a girlfriend. Proof? Your not even factual in the above response.

The person I knew wasn't a friend. He's VERY closely related to a Magic player. This player was a starter for the Magic and was here with Dwight throughout Dwight's career in Orlando.

If you can't admit Otis didn't have a hand in bringing in Arenas, I'll be happy to google it and paste the proof or you can get over you emotional opinion and do it yourself.

Who says I can't admit that? Obviously it was Otis doing because he was the GM. He had a connection with arenas -- and Dwight wanted him. No one can deny either. But we wouldn't have signed Arenas had Dwight not wanted Jameer replaced -- we tried for Chris Paul but obviously that didn't pan out. And don't tell me there wasn't a break between Dwight and Jameer -- they even broke out into a fight in the locker room and had to be separated.

SEVERAL OF HOWARD’S TEAMMATES ARE HOPING FOR HIS DEPARTURE AS WELL. TOWARD THE END OF LAST SEASON, HOWARD CAME CLOSE TO A PHYSICAL ALTERCATION WITH TEAMMATE JAMEER NELSON AT THE MAGIC’S PRACTICE FACILITY. HOWARD WAS SIDELINED WITH A BACK INJURY AT THE TIME, BUT NEARLY CAME TO BLOWS WITH NELSON FOR UNKNOWN REASONS, ACCORDING TO SOURCES. THE TWO PLAYERS HAD TO BE SEPARATED.

You're pulling straw man arguments now because I've annihilated your arguments repeatedly.

And there is your non-cancerous teammate folks.

"Unbiased and purely subjective"

Lmao -- I'm sure we all believe that.

Not only are you pulling straw mans, but your also pulling ad hominems as well. Look them up if you don't know what they are -- poor arguments. How anyone can argue that my position is emotional after all the proof I posted is beyond me.

To add to that

Howard especially hurt Jameer Nelson's feelings after the 2010-11 season. He said then that he'd love to play with All-Star point guards Chris Paul or Deron Williams, leading then-GM Otis Smith to say that Dwight threw Jameer "under the bus."

"At the time, I was super upset about the team and I wanted to get players that I felt could help us win," Howard says. "And me coming out and saying, 'We need better players and we can't win with what we have,' I kind of made a lot of the guys who were on the team upset.

God it's just too good. Using Dwights own words now.

And it's clear as day a lot of Otis panic moves had Dwight Howard in the shadows friends. Again, there is your wonderful teammate.

If anything, I put the blame on Otis for listening to this moron. No other GM would ever do what Otis did to keep Dwight.

Who says I can't admit that? Obviously it was Otis doing because he was the GM. He had a connection with arenas -- and Dwight wanted him. No one can deny either. But we wouldn't have signed Arenas had Dwight not wanted Jameer replaced -- we tried for Chris Paul but obviously that didn't pan out. And don't tell me there wasn't a break between Dwight and Jameer -- they even broke out into a fight in the locker room and had to be separated.

You're pulling straw man arguments now because I've annihilated your arguments repeatedly.

And there is your non-cancerous teammate folks.

"Unbiased and purely subjective"

Lmao -- I'm sure we all believe that.

Not only are you pulling straw mans, but your also pulling ad hominems as well. Look them up if you don't know what they are -- poor arguments. How anyone can argue that my position is emotional after all the proof I posted is beyond me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arenas-energized-trade-magic-081900161--nba.html

"With Vince Carter(notes) and Rashard Lewis(notes) struggling this season, Howard complained about the Magic’s problems to Smith and his teammates, sources said. When the Magic recently lost five of six games, Smith realized the roster he had assembled wasn’t capable of winning a title. He convinced Howard, the coaching staff and the team’s ownership that it was time for a dramatic change."

Take a look at the last sentence which echoes what I've been saying.

Also, I don't know how long you've been watching the NBA but most stars converse with GMs about personnel. LeBron had a damn coach fired. Bet you'd be all for signing him if he expressed his desire to be here. Westbrook advised that Kanter be sent to the bench. Hope you don't want us to go after him. That's cancerous. Kobe has thrown players under the bus his entire career. Thank your lucky stars he wasn't here.

To add to that

God it's just too good. Using Dwights own words now.

And it's clear as day a lot of Otis panic moves had Dwight Howard in the shadows friends. Again, there is your wonderful teammate.

If anything, I put the blame on Otis for listening to this moron. No other GM would ever do what Otis did to keep Dwight.

So you never were for the possibility of trading for Paul?

Building an offense around him got us to the finals and ecf.

You keep ignoring a very telling fact how tight Otis and Arenas were. Arenas even saying he's like a father to him. You really think Dwight was the originator of that idea?!

the magic offense was built around pick and roll and shooters, the teams we had the most trouble with were the ones that just played dwight 1 on 1

that was 7 years ago by the way, dwight is a shell of what he used to be now

the magic offense was built around pick and roll and shooters, the teams we had the most trouble with were the ones that just played dwight 1 on 1

that was 7 years ago by the way, dwight is a shell of what he used to be now

We played a lot of pick and roll because we had a big who could set picks, roll hard, and finish. The shooters were put in place for space so when a double hits Dwight, he could kick it out for a wide open three. It's classic big man offense.

I know he isn't the same player which is why I DON'T want us to resign him. His back is a concern. If he can stay healthy though he can still get ya 18 12 and 2. Houston really didn't utilize him enough.

I've been saying this whole time I prefer not sign him. To me, he's last option and I've stated my reasons why.

...and there couldn't be a more unreliable source out there.

Doubt it. Most of the things the media reported Dwight has come out to basically reiterate. And it's More reliable than some unknown person.

And no one would say no to cp3. The point is, when we couldn't get him, Dwight forced Otis to make a panic trade for arenas. Otis was just dumb enough to do it and then had amnesty him right after when it didn't work out.

Never use the media as source for ANYTHING. Not just in sports but in anything, American media is nothing but propaganda. Not saying there isn't some truth to Dwight's BS, but once the media realizes that people don't like someone they will give people more reason to hate said person.

Dwight is a diva, Dwight has an ego, Dwight has made mistakes but the media has without a doubt overblown everything because they only tell the people what they want to hear OR even worse, what they want them to hear.

• Upvote 1