Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Los Angeles Lakers

I saw that in the 2nd. Randle made AG look like a pop warner in the paint on a couple of plays.

I'd give AG a pass from the game at the Warriors the night before.

Hes been out most consistent player. How he comes out the next game is how I decide to give him a pass or not.

They both have only had 2 good games out of the last 5.

From the very first successful offensive play of the game.

I'm more ticked off at Payton because defense is one of the biggest attributes we saw last year. This year when we're suppose to rise a level, he's gotten his arse handed to him consistently.

Hes been out most consistent player. How he comes out the next game is how I decide to give him a pass or not.

The most consistent player has easily been Oladipo, but I agree that it will be interesting to see how he comes out the next game.

I'm more ticked off at Payton because defense is one of the biggest attributes we saw last year. This year when we're suppose to rise a level, he's gotten his arse handed to him consistently.

I hear you, his defense has been concerning at times-moreso lately. Then again, you have to appreciate that he's risen his 3pt% to nearly 40% given what it looked like last year and even earlier this year. He clearly is improving and diversifying his game, I truly believe he thinks he can turn on the D at a given time-he seems to be focused on other areas...including what is possibly a tenuous relationship with the coach.

Yea Vuch defense was the main culprit. How did he let them score 54 points in the paint?

I know you have problems considering complex thoughts at times but Vucevic's defense can be simultaneously our biggest problem and Jason Smith also be bad too. Because, you know, the backup centers defense is not as big of an issue as the starting one...

I agree. Now, It is clear that VUC is not the problem. Just like we just realize that Tobias was not the problem.

I think we need to work on getting another PG and defensive big while keeping VIC, AG, VUC and Mario. I still think we can work with Elfrid in the offseason, but I am tired of thinkinig.

I still think Vuc is the biggest problem, but not the only problem. I never said he was the only problem

Our starting Center and starting Point Guard are not to par with today's NBA and probably never will be

The most consistent player has easily been Oladipo, but I agree that it will be interesting to see how he comes out the next game.

I meant out of AG and Payton but your absolutely right. Vic has the fight night in night out.

I know you have problems considering complex thoughts at times but Vucevic's defense can be simultaneously our biggest problem and Jason Smith also be bad too. Because, you know, the backup centers defense is not as big of an issue as the starting one...

Agreed, our problem is front court defense as a whole. A lot of that falls onto our best front court player, but is not the sole reason for our troubles.

Our starting Center and starting Point Guard are not to par with today's NBA and probably never will be

I disagree, Nik is one of the better centers in the league and Payton has everything it takes to be above average at the least.

I meant out of AG and Payton but your absolutely right. Vic has the fight night in night out.

I got you

I'm a multiquote machine!

I hear you, his defense has been concerning at times-moreso lately. Then again, you have to appreciate that he's risen his 3pt% to nearly 40% given what it looked like last year and even earlier this year. He clearly is improving and diversifying his game, I truly believe he thinks he can turn on the D at a given time-he seems to be focused on other areas...including what is possibly a tenuous relationship with the coach.

Yeah but it's not like he's lighting it up. He attempts a three here and there and it goes in and that's all.

You know, not the biggest fan of Skiles but if you can't take a challenge from your coach at the pro level, that's a mental weakness which our team displays quite a bit.