Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: ORL @ NYK

The roster needs a major shake up, I'm down for getting rid of players -- and that list includes Payton and Dipo

I said this after the Philly loss and got blasted, but it's true: the re-build failed. Henny is smart and has made enough good moves to be given this free agency period and a couple more years, but results are results.

I'm still driving the Payton bandwagon; personally I think we should have tried to deal Dipo at the deadline (from everything I heard, we did not).

Seriously. They're not robots. Continuously missing the playoffs will eventual wear on them. And its not exactly helping with our fanbase either.

Agreed with this 100%. I'd argue it has already permanently damaged a lot of guys on the team.

We are soft and absolutely horrid at point blank range around the rim especially on put backs attempts. I hate to say it but I feel like Vooch is the epicenter of the softness...

Depending on the Free Agents we pursue/get. I think a package of Vooch and others needs to happen to fortify the supporting cast for the two max free agents.

Since AG is our future 4, I don't think we pursue a 4. I think we need a Defensive minded Center and a consistent wing likely at the 2.

Since Durant is most likely a pipe dream..

I think we need to get Horford or dare I say even Howard now that HWNSNBU is out of his head?

If Howard could make amends with the FO, apologize, and understand his role is defense, rebounds, alley oops, and clean up I would consider forgiving. If not then Horford will do..

Then maybe get Derozan..

Payton/Watson

Derozan/Dipo

Fournier/Hezonja

Gordon/Illysova

Howard or Horford/Dedmon

Prob not realistic money wise. Depends on what happens with Vooch trade.. Dipo would likely be gone too..

Sorry just brainstorming this morning

We are soft and absolutely horrid at point blank range around the rim especially on put backs attempts. I hate to say it but I feel like Vooch is the epicenter of the softness...

Depending on the Free Agents we pursue/get. I think a package of Vooch and others needs to happen to fortify the supporting cast for the two max free agents.

Since AG is our future 4, I don't think we pursue a 4. I think we need a Defensive minded Center and a consistent wing likely at the 2.

Since Durant is most likely a pipe dream..

I think we need to get Horford or dare I say even Howard now that HWNSNBU is out of his head?

If Howard could make amends with the FO, apologize, and understand his role is defense, rebounds, alley oops, and clean up I would consider forgiving. If not then Horford will do..

Then maybe get Derozan..

Payton/Watson

Derozan/Dipo

Fournier/Hezonja

Gordon/Illysova

Howard or Horford/Dedmon

Prob not realistic money wise. Depends on what happens with Vooch trade.. Dipo would likely be gone too..

Sorry just brainstorming this morning

These guys didn't envision the level of conditioning they would need to play on both sides of the ball. AG is doing it because he hit the weights and got on a nutritional program. This can really make a difference. Just read an article about how Curry did this. He added strength and eats healthful. It pays off.

They need to get out if their comfort zones and get stronger.

I bet we give one more season and then skiles will be fired -- too bad its not gonna happen this summer.

Rob is going all out this summer because I think it's his last chance too -- if we dont make the playoffs in the 5th year of the rebuild, im sure he will be canned too.

I bet we give one more season and then skiles will be fired -- too bad its not gonna happen this summer.

Rob is going all out this summer because I think it's his last chance too -- if we dont make the playoffs in the 5th year of the rebuild, im sure he will be canned too.

I get why people wanna blame Skiles, it's easy to blame the coach, but I don't think it's fair in this case. Skiles is in his first year and he took over a team that 50 + games three years in a row. He wasn't fixing that over night. Our roster has major flaws, major major flaws. That falls more on Rob than Skiles.

I mean really, watching this team play, how many wins do you think we should have? To me, our record is pretty in tune with our talent level. Maybe we should have 2-4 more wins, but **** we've lost 9 games by 3 points or less. That, again, has more to do with the losing mentality this team has become accustomed to over this rebuild.

I really think people on here had unrealistic expectations for our team this year. I will not be calling for Rob or Skiles job until after next season. To me, Rob has done about as good as he could do with where we picked in draft. It sucks we couldn't land one of those top stars but the lottery wasn't great to us. I think Rob has done good with trades and has been smart and calculated in most all of his moves. This summer will really be telling for him. If he can fix some of the holes in this roster, than it's on Skiles to make it work.

I get why people wanna blame Skiles, it's easy to blame the coach, but I don't think it's fair in this case. Skiles is in his first year and he took over a team that 50 + games three years in a row. He wasn't fixing that over night. Our roster has major flaws, major major flaws. That falls more on Rob than Skiles.

I mean really, watching this team play, how many wins do you think we should have? To me, our record is pretty in tune with our talent level. Maybe we should have 2-4 more wins, but **** we've lost 9 games by 3 points or less. That, again, has more to do with the losing mentality this team has become accustomed to over this rebuild.

I really think people on here had unrealistic expectations for our team this year. I will not be calling for Rob or Skiles job until after next season. To me, Rob has done about as good as he could do with where we picked in draft. It sucks we couldn't land one of those top stars but the lottery wasn't great to us. I think Rob has done good with trades and has been smart and calculated in most all of his moves. This summer will really be telling for him. If he can fix some of the holes in this roster, than it's on Skiles to make it work.

Don't get me wrong -- I ain't calling for anyone's head; just making some predictions.

I can see the guys up top getting frustrated at a 5 year rebuild if we don't make the playoffs next season.

Rob inherited a mess and did all he could to fix that mess. But 5 years of playoff drought is bad for business.

I actually think he did a pretty good job -- but the roster is heavily flawed and this summer is going to be very telling. Every year Rob has made very nuanced moves to the roster but never did an over-haul. It's time for that now.

But again, it's going to be very difficult to convince a legitimate max FA to come to this team the way it is now. The way things are going now, I think it's likely that we end up overpaying mid-tier players max money, but who knows. Making the playoffs this year would have put us in such a great position for next year.

And I like Vucevic. But he really hurts us. He refuses to hedge out on screens and doesn't set good screens on offense. He's contributing to Payton looking bad.