Sign in to follow this  
SiMON2g

Golden State @ Orlando Magic

Some coaches take a philosophy that you need to push and push and push to continue to reinforce behavior. It doesn't matter if they played well or not. His job is to point out the faults in order to better perfect the team.

Example: The game in Denver earlier this year we played statistically one of the top defensive performances in franchise history and one of the top five or so defensive performances of any team in the past several years. In his press conference, skiles stated we didn't play all that well and Denver just didn't play well either.

So Skiles can think whatever the hell he wants, it doesn't change the context. What we say on this message board has no real impact on team behavior so we can tell the truth.

Unless you really are Hennigan or Alex Martins. Is that true Payton4thewin? You're really an insider?

Some coaches take a philosophy that you need to push and push and push to continue to reinforce behavior. It doesn't matter if they played well or not. His job is to point out the faults in order to better perfect the team.

Example: The game in Denver earlier this year we played statistically one of the top defensive performances in franchise history and one of the top five or so defensive performances of any team in the past several years. In his press conference, skiles stated we didn't play all that well and Denver just didn't play well either.

So Skiles can think whatever the hell he wants, it doesn't change the context. What we say on this message board has no real impact on team behavior so we can tell the truth.

Ok. So here's your context. Under JV we lacked expectations which lead to a defeated mentality. Now under Skiles, it's more conflicted but the mindset is still there.

Case in point, PG's going off, and teams going off in our home court.

I understand the context your referring to as GS being superior and with Curry playing in another stratosphere. However, your context is small minded. On a grand scale, to say letting someone come to your home and abuse you is acceptable, is setting the bar so low we might as well contact JV to come back.

Unless you really are Hennigan or Alex Martins. Is that true Payton4thewin? You're really an insider?

you caught me. I'm Hennigan. Being a moderator for 4 years helped me get hired with the magic.

Ok. So here's your context. Under JV we lacked expectations which lead to a defeated mentality. Now under Skiles, it's more conflicted but the mindset is still there.

I understand the context your referring to as GS being superior and with Curry playing in another stratosphere. However, your context is small minded. On a grand scale, to say letting someone come to your home and abuse you, is acceptable is setting the bar so low we might as well contact JV to come back.

We had one bad stretch by our second unit. And we became deflated. I don't think we did that bad with players we have. Our roster has serious flaws though. We have players who are not good on both ends of the floor and I see that now after appreciating what GS has.

you caught me. I'm Hennigan. Being a moderator for 4 years helped me get hired with the magic.

Henny, you need a strength and a conditioning coach. I know the perfect guy....

I understand the context your referring to as GS being superior and with Curry playing in another stratosphere. However, your context is small minded. On a grand scale, to say letting someone come to your home and abuse you, is acceptable is setting the bar so low we might as well contact JV to come back.

I'd argue your mindset is small minded because it uses arbitrary settings of what is acceptable and what's not.

I spend the previous couple of days preparing everyone for this but you guys still don't comprehend what Golden State actually is. Getting blown out by Cleveland is unacceptable because Cleveland is still a team that operates within the conventional scope of basketball. We can plan for Cleveland and though there is a talent discrepancy we can gameplan around them.

There's no doing that to Golden State. They operate on another plane. Plus their offense is a supercharged version of every offense we have issues with (based on personnel and scheme)

I'd argue your mindset is small minded because it uses arbitrary settings of what is acceptable and what's not.

I spend the previous couple of days preparing everyone for this but you guys still don't comprehend what Golden State actually is. Getting blown out by Cleveland is unacceptable because Cleveland is still a team that operates within the conventional scope of basketball. We can plan for Cleveland and though there is a talent discrepancy we can gameplan around them.

There's no doing that to Golden State. They operate on another plane. Plus their offense is a supercharged version of every offense we have issues with (based on personnel and scheme)

Some of us don't need another for preparation.

I understand the dynamics that make up GS. I also know who we've been as well even against mediocre and some lower tier teams. That's context.

To just shrug off an 51 performance, an 130 point total by the opposing team, I believe, is setting oneself up future repititives like we saw last night. It's what we've seen the past 3 years.

There not the only ones. Several of the old greats like Oscar Robertson seem to think that GS and Steph Curry are getting away with things this season because the current NBA doesn't know how to play defense. Typical "it was better in my day" mentality. The Warriors defy all basketball logic, more so then even our 08-09 team or the Nash/Stoudemire Suns because they won a championship with it and are literally dominating the NBA.

Some of us don't need another for preparation.

I understand the dynamics that make up GS. I also know who we've been as well even against mediocre and some lower tier teams. That's context.

To just shrug off an 51 performance, an 130 point total by the opposing team, I believe, is setting oneself up future repititives like we saw last night. It's what we've seen the past 3 years.

this wasn't even a top 5 highest scoring golden state game in regulation this season.

Hell, this wasn't their first Golden state goes off for 130+ points and Steph goes off for 51 points with ridiculous efficiency this month

this was a normal game for them.

There not the only ones. Several of the old greats like Oscar Robertson seem to think that GS and Steph Curry are getting away with things this season because the current NBA doesn't know how to play defense. Typical "it was better in my day" mentality. The Warriors defy all basketball logic, more so then even our 08-09 team or the Nash/Stoudemire Suns because they won a championship with it and are literally dominating the NBA.

It's a different system now. I don't believe Curry would be the same player back in those days but that's my opinion.

I will say a lot of players lack fundamentals on the d side of the ball. Simple things one learns I'm high school that are effective and not solely relies upon athleticism.

It's a different system now. I don't believe Curry would be the same player back in those days but that's my opinion.

I will say a lot of players lack fundamentals on the d side of the ball. Simple things one learns I'm high school that are effective and not solely relies upon athleticism.

Simple things that one learns in high school aren't things that work in the NBA.

Rick Pitino thought the exact same thing and it got him nowhere.

this wasn't even a top 5 highest scoring golden state game in regulation this season.

Hell, this wasn't their first Golden state goes off for 130+ points and Steph goes off for 51 points with ridiculous efficiency this month

this was a normal game for them.

And a normal one for us as well. The norm can't continue to be acceptable.

I'm not upset or even disappointed with last nights game. I just don't agree with the whole notion of that's them being them and there's nothing that can be done about it.