Sign in to follow this  
HeHateMe

Magic @ Sixers

Do you want to win or develop talent? It's crunch time. If there are lineups out there working that dont include Mario so be it. We are trying to make the playoffs!

Exactly. Skiles is playing the players that give us the best chance to win now. If that involves Mario, great. If not, so be it. He's still a kid, his time will come either way.

Okafor didn't grab a rebound until the 3rd quarter. He finished with 2. His rebounding is really poor for a big considering his usage. He's only grabbed double digit boards in 3 of his last 22 games. Ouch.

Do you want to win or develop talent? It's crunch time. If there are lineups out there working that dont include Mario so be it. We are trying to make the playoffs!

Why do you believe it has to be either or?

Why do you believe it has to be either or?

I don't. Yesterday the lineups we ran worked(for the most part). Maybe Skiles didn't like his defense. Maybe he was too relaxed on offense. Maybe the other guys simply were having a better night.

I want Mario to succeed just like everyone else but he's a rookie and for the most the guys with more experience are going to out play him.

If the goal is to make the playoffs with so few games left we can't risk a rookie mistakes just to develop him.

If he's on he plays if he's not(or if he is but being outplayed) he sits.

Okafor didn't grab a rebound until the 3rd quarter. He finished with 2. His rebounding is really poor for a big considering his usage. He's only grabbed double digit boards in 3 of his last 22 games. Ouch.

It's called Aaron Gordon - our secret weapon on defense.

I don't. Yesterday the lineups we ran worked(for the most part). Maybe Skiles didn't like his defense. Maybe he was too relaxed on offense. Maybe the other guys simply were having a better night.

I want Mario to succeed just like everyone else but he's a rookie and for the most the guys with more experience are going to out play him.

If the goal is to make the playoffs with so few games left we can't risk a rookie mistakes just to develop him.

If he's on he plays if he's not(or if he is but being outplayed) he sits.

I'm curious to who makes the team better. Individual stats don't tell the whole story.

I'm curious to who makes the team better. Individual stats don't tell the whole story.

I'm sure there are lineups that include Mario which are superior to others. With that said maybe last night just wasn't one of those nights.

I'm at work so I can't look up the lineup stats from yesterday but if anyone can i'd be interested in the results of marios 14 mins.

I'm sure there are lineups that include Mario which are superior to others. With that said maybe last night just wasn't one of those nights.

I'm at work so I can't look up the lineup stats from yesterday but if anyone can i'd be interested in the results of marios 14 mins.

Mario's 11 minutes had him going -5 with mostly bench guys and +8 when integrated with the starters.

Mario's 11 minutes had him going -5 with mostly bench guys and +8 when integrated with the starters.

OK so maybe he spells Fournier and Dipo 3-4 mins each throughout the game so they're both not at +40 mins. We obviously don't know what the outcome would be but he would be at 17-19 mins while Dipo and Fournier get to rest a bit more.

I think it's a tougher situation than just "play Mario more" when he instills so much trust in Fournier and Dipo.

OK so maybe he spells Fournier and Dipo 3-4 mins each throughout the game so they're both not at +40 mins. We obviously don't know what the outcome would be but he would be at 17-19 mins while Dipo and Fournier get to rest a bit more.

I think it's a tougher situation than just "play Mario more" when he instills so much trust in Fournier and Dipo.

Mario did a poor rotation twice and gave up two threes last night. I think he should be given a longer leash so he can play through mistakes.

Mario did a poor rotation twice and gave up two threes last night. I think he should be given a longer leash so he can play through mistakes.

I wasn't able to watch the game as closely as I'd like so I missed that. While I agree he should be able to work through mistakes where does the line start between development and hurting the team. If we weren't down to the end of our season ID be all for it but if we still have a chance for the playoffs he has to sit when not playing top notch bball.

Maybe that's short sighted of me though.

I wasn't able to watch the game as closely as I'd like so I missed that. While I agree he should be able to work through mistakes where does the line start between development and hurting the team. If we weren't down to the end of our season ID be all for it but if we still have a chance for the playoffs he has to sit when not playing top notch bball.

Maybe that's short sided of me though.

Hezonja brings enough positive to offset the negative.