Sign in to follow this  
HeHateMe

Magic @ Sixers

I wasn't able to watch the game as closely as I'd like so I missed that. While I agree he should be able to work through mistakes where does the line start between development and hurting the team. If we weren't down to the end of our season ID be all for it but if we still have a chance for the playoffs he has to sit when not playing top notch bball.

Maybe that's short sighted of me though.

He was playing before the trade and we beat ATL.

I think you have to gauge momentum as it correlates with in game result. I also think you have to see how the team plays with him.

I believe we can agree Mario is not the only one who misses rotations or makes mistakes. Putting him on such a short leash, I do not believe, will make him a better player. 18-20 mins imo is sufficient. Running Dipo and Fournier 40+ mins isn't sustainable.

He cant learn and improve w/o experience. He should easily see more when its not a close game at least.

I get that but it was a fairly close game. As was stated though Dipo and Fournier can't play +40 mins and Marios good outweighs his bad.

He should receive 20 or so minutes and a longer leash.

Mario did a poor rotation twice and gave up two threes last night. I think he should be given a longer leash so he can play through mistakes.

That's the thing though, with us being relatively deep at that spot, the leash isn't very long. I'm sure if Mario played 40 minutes a night in PHX like Booker and was taking 15 shots a game his numbers would be fine, but his time will come.

Personally, I'm not worried about Mario's minutes. I'm worried about winning enough games to make the playoffs. If that's with Mario on the court, great. If not, that's fine too.

I think we've been bad for to long now because people still just talk about developing talent. There are plenty of good teams in the NBA that have a good rookie who don't play big minutes. AG didn't play much last year and look at him now. Mario will get his time. I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

Skiles has given him minutes when he's on. I would like to see him play more to obviously, but I don't lose sleep over it like some people I guess. To me, as long as the guy that's getting his minutes is playing good, I won't complain. Now if it's CJ Watson or whomever are playing bad and still getting Mario's minutes, than we can complain.

He cant learn and improve w/o experience. He should easily see more when its not a close game at least.

When has this ever been a thing? There's probably at least 20 all stars that didn't play big minutes in their rookie season.

When has this ever been a thing? There's probably at least 20 all stars that didn't play big minutes in their rookie season.

^^^^^BINGO^^^^^