Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

If I'm giving up a superstar, I want to maximize my chances of getting one back. Vooch, Harris, Fournier, and mid first round draft picks won't get it done. Throw in Mario or Gordon, or some of those unprotected Nets picks, and you at least have a shot.

If it were me, I would wait until the season is over and try to move Cousins for a top 3 pick in the 2016 draft.

That usually isn't the case when a team trades their superstar. You never see a star traded for another. Look what we got for Dwight. Sac would get the same center piece in Vuch but better accessories in Tobias and Fournier. No team ever gets the same value back when trading a star player.

I'm not on the Cousins train. When a lot of your own fans want to see you traded, that's a bad sign.

I'd rather find / develop the defensive PF and go-to wing scorer that we need

I'm not on the Cousins train. When a lot of your own fans want to see you traded, that's a bad sign.

I'd rather find / develop the defensive PF and go-to wing scorer that we need

Who do you have in mind?

Who do you have in mind?

Since there aren't any realistic deals for stars out there (outside of Cousins) I'd just stick with the plan to develop our young core, and maybe work on some minor deals.

Try to get Thad Young like I said before or maybe get Larry Nance Jr. from the Lakers if Aaron Gordon doesn't want to play 4. Nance is raw, but play super hard, drives, dunks, gets offensive rebounds and is slowly developing his shot. He's starting over Julius Randle for some reason.

We could move Frye or Nicholson since they are very similar or Fournier because it might be smart to let him go, due to his upcoming contract.

Since there aren't any realistic deals for stars out there (outside of Cousins) I'd just stick with the plan to develop our young core, and maybe work on some minor deals.

Try to get Thad Young like I said before or maybe get Larry Nance Jr. from the Lakers if Aaron Gordon doesn't want to play 4. Nance is raw, but play super hard, drives, dunks, gets offensive rebounds and is slowly developing his shot. He's starting over Julius Randle for some reason.

We could move Frye or Nicholson since they are very similar or Fournier because it might be smart to let him go, due to his upcoming contract.

I'm still on the bobby portis train. Nance seems like a low ceiling guy.

I'm still with Thad Young depending on what Brooklyn has in mind for him. you'd think they'd be in rebuild but I'm not sure if they see it that way with the picks they owe.

Long term we can throw some money at Batum in the offseason. He wouldn't be a "go-to" guy per se. But he can do it part time. He can create, shoot, score, defend. Just doesn't do it at an all star level.

I'm still on the bobby portis train. Nance seems like a low ceiling guy.

I'm still with Thad Young depending on what Brooklyn has in mind for him. you'd think they'd be in rebuild but I'm not sure if they see it that way with the picks they owe.

Long term we can throw some money at Batum in the offseason. He wouldn't be a "go-to" guy per se. But he can do it part time. He can create, shoot, score, defend. Just doesn't do it at an all star level.

I like Portis but the Bulls seem to be high on him as well. I would like Batum, and I would play him at SG.

Gordon, Harris, Batum, Payton would be a tall and wiry lineup that could cover for Vuc easily

--

I'll also take this time to announce my retirement from the chat room :D

I bought league pass so I can watch games the following day. I need to get my life on the right track and for that I'll need great sleeping habits.

It's been a fun ride

Yeah, I think I'll stay on the Cousins train.

That's horrid...

Sample size and team schedule are all you need to know for those numbers to make sense... That combined with our starting point guard and backup point guard being injured

Sample size and team schedule are all you need to know for those numbers to make sense... That combined with our starting point guard and backup point guard being injured

I get it...it just looks really bad.