Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

I hate the idea of spending $13M next year for a backup center to play 10-15 minutes a game. Their draft pick will be about 30, and it's hard to tell what Looney is based on his 6 minutes played so far.

eh, it'd be 11 million for one season. not a bad deal if we have to rent out cap space.

I'm still holding out hope for bigger and better utilization of that space.

sure, but if we run into a situation where everybody is spending money like it's burning a hole in their pockets it might make sense to roll over the cap space to the next year (as a plan B )

lets break this down. Pending trades and assuming we retain none of our restricted free agents we have

pg: payton, the myth of CJ Watson, shabazz

sg: Oladipo

Sf: harris, Mario

pf: Gordon, Frye

C:Vucevic

we also have a first rounder and two early second rounders.

we'll have something like 30 million in cap space.

Wonder what teams are really wanting Frye?

Teams with strong post players

so probably sacramento, Houston, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Utah, memphis.

I don't think we're going to get anything great for him. But I do think we can get a role player or a late pick

Teams with strong post players

so probably sacramento, Houston, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago, Washington, Utah, memphis.

I don't think we're going to get anything great for him. But I do think we can get a role player or a late pick

By himself, no but maybe adding another piece we get more. Or even in a three team.

By himself, no but maybe adding another piece we get more. Or even in a three team.

true.

But I do think there's value in adding a role player that gives us something we don't have. Like, I dunno, Jeff Whithey or something.

true.

But I do think there's value in adding a role player that gives us something we don't have. Like, I dunno, Jeff Whithey or something.

We could get a player like Whithey in FA. I think Frye has more value than that. We should be looking to package Frye + Youth for more proven veteran talent that fits well with our core. Now of course, the ability to do that assumes the front office has a defined core they want to build around.

We could get a player like Whithey in FA. I think Frye has more value than that. We should be looking to package Frye + Youth for more proven veteran talent that fits well with our core. Now of course, the ability to do that assumes the front office has a defined core they want to build around.

The problem is teams who likely want frye, don't want youth or to give up their proven veteran talent.

you trade for frye if you want to have a different look for the playoffs or to surround a guy with four shooters. Unless we're including him for salary matching purposes.