Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Thad Young 5 years ago, sure. Now? Probably not.

The man is only 27. And I've been reading the Nets forum (I read most teams' forums since I'm a nerd) and they say he's the only guy that plays hard every single day. The only one who seems to give a **** about the outcome

--

Regarding the OP's question about what our biggest needs are, I would say that we need a stretch 4 who's a badass defender and a wing that can dribble and get his own shot.

There are only two elite guys in the league that fill the first description: Serge Ibaka and Draymond Green, and they're not being moved. Thad Young is a homeless version of that but he'd be better than anything we have right now. I believe Aaron Gordon can be just as good as the guys I mentioned, but he doesn't seem to be ready to help us win games yet.

There are a few wings that can dribble and get their own shots, like DeMar Derozan (I don't like his lack of outside shooting) and Jimmy Butler (no way he's moved). Mario Hezonja can become that guy but he can't dribble and drive that well yet.

--

We have the pieces to be a great team so we either wait for our players to improve and maybe miss the playoffs this year or we make some win-now moves and limit Gordon's and Hezonja's minutes.

I truly believe that a lineup of

Vucevic

Gordon

Harris

Hezonja

Payton

Sixth man: Oladipo

has everything to win a Championship in 3 or 4 years.

I also know it's hard to trust the process at times - this is year 4 of the rebuild - but we have to be patient

Really? Hmmm. I remember playing well years ago. How's his defensive stats?

Defensive stats still don't really mean anything as it's too hard to translate a single player from a team thing. (I.e. Jameer had above average defensive numbers because he played with Dwight).

Brief research gives us several sources saying he's above average in many areas

By the way, Vucevic should watch some videos of Andrew Bogut. That guy can barely move but he's still a great defender.

I liked the fire Vuc showed yesterday after being screwed out of a call. Let's see more of that toughness

I'm still in shock over Fournier's lack of athleticism. He's proving to be very slow footed, which doesn't allow him to create his own shot or come fast around screens (ala JJ). Thus, I'd like an upgrade at SG... with a real shooter who is also athletic. Ideas? Mario seems to have that exact potential. Hmmm...

Meanwhile, we are dying for an athletic, defensive PF who can hit a jumper. If Taj is healthy, he's perfect. Meanwhile, the Bulls have two great PFs behind him.

The man is only 27. And I've been reading the Nets forum (I read most teams' forums since I'm a nerd) and they say he's the only guy that plays hard every single day. The only one who seems to give a **** about the outcome

--

Regarding the OP's question about what our biggest needs are, I would say that we need a stretch 4 who's a badass defender and a wing that can dribble and get his own shot.

There are only two elite guys in the league that fill the first description: Serge Ibaka and Draymond Green, and they're not being moved. Thad Young is a homeless version of that but he'd be better than anything we have right now. I believe Aaron Gordon can be just as good as the guys I mentioned, but he doesn't seem to be ready to help us win games yet.

There are a few wings that can dribble and get their own shots, like DeMar Derozan (I don't like his lack of outside shooting) and Jimmy Butler (no way he's moved). Mario Hezonja can become that guy but he can't dribble and drive that well yet.

--

We have the pieces to be a great team so we either wait for our players to improve and maybe miss the playoffs this year or we make some win-now moves and limit Gordon's and Hezonja's minutes.

Vucevic

Gordon

Harris

Hezonja

Payton

I also know it's hard to trust the process at times - this is year 4 of the rebuild - but we have to be patient

That's how I see the lineup going but it's all predictions. I do agree we need an bad *** 4 until AG figures things out.

By the way, Vucevic should watch some videos of Andrew Bogut. That guy can barely move but he's still a great defender.

I liked the fire Vuc showed yesterday after being screwed out of a call. Let's see more of that toughness

At this point, there's no reason why Vuch doesn't show fire consistently. He's gotta get it going or else he might be the piece we move.

I'm still in shock over Fournier's lack of athleticism. He's proving to be very slow footed, which doesn't allow him to create his own shot or come fast around screens (ala JJ). Thus, I'd like an upgrade at SG... with a real shooter who is also athletic. Ideas? Mario seems to have that exact potential. Hmmm...

Meanwhile, we are dying for an athleti, defensive PF who can hit a jumper. If Taj is healthy, he's perfect. Meanwhile, the Bulls have two great PFs behind him.

An jumper outside the 3 point line. That eliminates Taj.

--

--

Vucevic

Gordon

Harris

Hezonja

Payton

Do you really believe that? I can't see it.

Thad young is 27 and having arguably the best year of his career

God I feel like he's been in the league 10-12 years. Haven't paid much attention this year but he's always been a nice 2 way player.

Does Fournier Young trade straight up make sense to anyone?

Do you really believe that? I can't see it.

I really do. If you compare it to the Warriors lineup that won last season, there's not a huge difference in raw talent

--

Regarding Thad Young, it really does feel like he's been in the league for a decade, but he's still young. Pun intended

I really do. If you compare it to the Warriors lineup that won last season, there's not a huge difference in raw talent

--

Regarding Thad Young, it really does feel like he's been in the league for a decade, but he's still young. Pun intended

He's having an good season too. Averaging 16 and 9. Had some big games against GS and good ones against Cleveland and Washington. I don't know his advanced stats though. Still, might be a good fit with us. Experience, can hit the 3.