Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

I don't think Durant signs on so we can compete 2 seasons from now.

We have options, I just don't think FA alone is where the biggest payoff will come. If we get lucky in the draft or Henny pulls of a huge trade in the off season, maybe. I believe that's what it would take. If we put all our eggs into fa with the roster we have now, I think the same result we had last fa will happen again.

Well we would compete the first year with

Elfrid

Dipo/Mario

Durant

Gordon

Horford

Either way though I just meant everything does not have to be done next year. Most likely Durant will have to sign off on a plan of multiple years no matter what if he decides on us.

With that said I am much more of a fan signing a guy like Batum and really spending the year after that.

We sign Batum and our young guys develop while Durant signs a 1-year deal(as you have stated I believe) we make the playoffs and then go for Durant or whatever other big names are out there at that time.

This year's FA class is way too weak to be banking our future on it. Let's get better and wait one more year.

I don't think anyone knows what Durant wants to do

Nah just speculating. If you look at all the variables, he's better off one more year in OKC. Then him and both Westbrook are fa's. That's when I can see KD possibly leaving.

Nah just speculating. If you look at all the variables, he's better off one more year in OKC. Then him and both Westbrook are fa's. That's when I can see KD possibly leaving.

I agree. I'm just saying you can make an argument for or against anyone really.

Durant is a weird guy. I don't really know what he values or what bothers him.

Well we would compete the first year with

Elfrid

Dipo/Mario

Durant

Gordon

Horford

Either way though I just meant everything does not have to be done next year. Most likely Durant will have to sign off on a plan of multiple years no matter what if he decides on us.

With that said I am much more of a fan signing a guy like Batum and really spending the year after that.

We sign Batum and our young guys develop while Durant signs a 1-year deal(as you have stated I believe) we make the playoffs and then go for Durant or whatever other big names are out there at that time.

This year's FA class is way too weak to be banking our future on it. Let's get better and wait one more year.

I agree. I think what Rob needs to do in the next 30 games is analyze Mario and AG. Also who is Dipo really? Is he in fact a Tony Allen type player? I'm starting to think so. Can Payton run this team night in and night out?

Lets say Mario turns out to be what Pierce was for Boston. This off season, I'd look to make an trade the way Boston got Allen. I would sign an big in FA who can anchor your defense in the paint and not kill you entirely on offense. I don't know if that guy is Horford. Maybe Whiteside but he has maturity issues. Then, you make the playoffs hopefully, and you convince Durant in 2017 that he's to us what KG was to Boston. The lone missing piece to a possible multiple championship team.

I agree. I'm just saying you can make an argument for or against anyone really.

Durant is a weird guy. I don't really know what he values or what bothers him.

Absolutely. He's cut from a different cloth which is why I think he stays at least one more year.

Of course but he knows how much that would destroy OKC. Plus Billy D needs at least one more season.

I could see him staying in OKC long term

I could see him leaving OKC because they refuse to pay the luxury tax.

I could see him going to go to Golden State because it would be fun

I could see him not wanting to go to Golden State because it's not interesting (joining the best team vs trying to beat the best team)

I could see him wanting to come to Orlando (relationship with Hennigan, taxes, weather, kids)

I could see Orlando not even getting an interview with him.

I could see him going to Washington (the prodigal son returns)

I could see him not wanting to go to Washington

I could see him going to LA (being the next big guy for the best franchise)

I could see him hating going to LA (big city)

and Portland, boston, etc.

I could see him staying in OKC long term

I could see him leaving OKC because they refuse to pay the luxury tax.

I could see him going to go to Golden State because it would be fun

I could see him not wanting to go to Golden State because it's not interesting (joining the best team vs trying to beat the best team)

I could see him wanting to come to Orlando (relationship with Hennigan, taxes, weather, kids)

I could see Orlando not even getting an interview with him.

I could see him going to Washington (the prodigal son returns)

I could see him not wanting to go to Washington

I could see him going to LA (being the next big guy for the best franchise)

I could see him hating going to LA (big city)

and Portland, boston, etc.

Agree with all of this and why I truly feel we may have a shot. Sometimes you never know. Did Cavs think they'd get Lebron back? A lot of people not willing to even discuss it but I'm the camp that says, why not? stranger things have happened. Especially always remembering how he genuinely compliments our young team; not the same PC stuff, but dude really looks and sounds like he cheers for us on off nights.

It ain't over till his decision is made. First step, is being able to get a meeting. Get Rob, Skiles, and our core in the room for a pitch, then who knows. It may be a courtesy meeting but it's a start.

Agree with all of this and why I truly feel we may have a shot. Sometimes you never know. Did Cavs think they'd get Lebron back? A lot of people not willing to even discuss it but I'm the camp that says, why not? stranger things have happened. Especially always remembering how he genuinely compliments our young team; not the same PC stuff, but dude really looks and sounds like he cheers for us on off nights.

It ain't over till his decision is made. First step, is being able to get a meeting. Get Rob, Skiles, and our core in the room for a pitch, then who knows. It may be a courtesy meeting but it's a start.

I thought the Cavs would get Lebron back because I understand LeBron.

He's obsessed with his legacy. Winning championships preserved his legacy. Going back to Cleveland fixes the only huge issue with his legacy (the decision). And if he wins a championship in Cleveland he becomes the greatest Ohio sports figure in history.

I don't understand Durant so that makes him harder to project.

Who's the other all star left in FA? An aging Horford who's declining? A taller version of Dipo in DeMar? Barnes who Hezonja might be better than?

Durant has another all star in Westbrook. It would be easier for OKC to find that 3rd option player.

Yes, the first two all-stars you mentioned were the ones I was referring to.