Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

I can't believe what a disappointment Watson has been. We really looked deep going into the season.

Yeah. He was supposed to be the anchor for the bench.

I've never seen a soft tissue injury take 8 weeks to heal. Crazy.

Apparently Henny has scouted 7 foot Dragan Bender and has been one of few teams who have had discussions with Maccabi officials.

Someone on realgm posted it from BleacherReport.

Apparently Henny has scouted 7 foot Dragan Bender and has been one of few teams who have had discussions with Maccabi officials.

Someone on realgm posted it from BleacherReport.

I would love him but don't think we have enough to get him.

I wonder if the lakers would be interested in whatever pick we end up with (13-15 overall), their pick, and harris for bender. That might be way too much. but I don't think they'd do our pick plus their pick back.

I wonder if the lakers would be interested in whatever pick we end up with (13-15 overall), their pick, and harris for bender. That might be way too much. but I don't think they'd do our pick plus their pick back.

I'd love to get Bender

yeah im crazy. that's way too much to give up for Bender. Especially considering so much of his hype has to do with how young he is (just turned 18 in November).

I guess I got caught up in potential as there's only a couple PFs in this draft that project as two way players.

yeah im crazy. that's way too much to give up for Bender. Especially considering so much of his hype has to do with how young he is (just turned 18 in November).

I guess I got caught up in potential as there's only a couple PFs in this draft that project as two way players.

As I mentioned earlier, I think Dipo and Harris are huge bargaining chips in conversations with a team like LA. They're not going to want to wait 4-5 years and develop players. I know nothing about this Bender fellow, but the question is whether Henny and Skiles would be willing to slow down our rebuilding process to bring on a potential young star.

As I mentioned earlier, I think Dipo and Harris are huge bargaining chips in conversations with a team like LA. They're not going to want to wait 4-5 years and develop players. I know nothing about this Bender fellow, but the question is whether Henny and Skiles would be willing to slow down our process to bring on a potential young star.

Bender is a 7'1 power forward with a 9'3 standing reach (Which I think is the highest reach ever for someone that young but im not sure). His biggest positive is he runs around the court like he's a small forward. So physically he moves a lot like Porzingis but without the thin frame. Bender looks like Pau Gasol physically. Scouting videos show him running the court and filling lanes on fast breaks like he's a wing. The problem with him is we have a bunch of video of him, barely 18 years old, playing in the top professional leagues against grown men where he's just getting pushed around. And while guards can go overseas, rather than college, and have a good impact. Post players are at a significant disadvantage at 18 years old playing against fully mature 25-30 year olds. Bender also isn't going to be a Porzingis type where he can step out and knock down threes at a high rate (though even Porzingis isn't doing that now). Not to say he can't develop into that, but its easier to project him having a decent 16 footer first.

So the issue we have is what is Bender's career trajectory? He seems like a definite bet as an NBA player. He's not going to be some dud. There's a decent chance he's Darko-ish without the attitude problems. That is, more Darko from 06-08 and 10-11 where he's alright, pretty good on defense, a productive NBA player, someone who might be a starter, might not, kinda depends on the team. That's really his floor.

His ceiling is Lamarcus Aldridge type.

But he's 18 years old so its really hard to say.

EDIT: and it's going to probably be 4 years minimum before you find out what he's capable of.

CJ McCollum (20.9 points per game) is putting together a nice bounce-back season. At $2.5 million annually he's currently a terrific value. But anyone who has watched McCollum play when paired with Damian Lillard knows that you can't play them successfully together on a team that will compete at the top of the Western Conference.

That's the goal, right?

They can score together, but they're a defensive disaster when paired. They're both chuckers, too. And there's no way that Olshey is trading Lillard, his prized draft pick. Further, the Blazers don't want to get into a position beyond the 2016-17 season where they have to pay both Lillard and McCollum.

They're not the "Splash Brothers." We know that. But we don't want them to become the "Cash Brothers."

Even as Olshey has a man-crush on McCollum, and has privately said he wouldn't dream of trading him, the general manager should be looking and listening when it comes to offers for the guard between now and Feb. 18.

http://www.oregonliv...e554002969f6ea0

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=zmytp5y

Thanks. I find it really encouraging that Henny is scouting Bender.

Our team needs that one guy who is a stud and can attract other players. Hopefully, one of our young guns can become that. I see Dipo and Harris really pressing to be that, but I'm not sure either is that. Perhaps Payton or Gordon? Vooch is good, just not sure he can become great.

I like McCollum but I don't see the fit. I think if you gave Fournier or Harris or Oladipo or Vucevic 18+ shots a game they could average 20ish. That is to say I don't think the shots are there in our offense for McCollum to average 20.

Thanks. I find it really encouraging that Henny is scouting him.

Our team needs that one guy who is a stud and can attract other players. Hopefully, one of our young guns can become that. I see Dipo and Harris really pressing to be that, but I'm not sure either is that. Perhaps Payton or Gordon? Vooch is good, just not sure he can become great.

I don't feel like any of our guys will be "that" guy. Dipo might be 2nd tier. Payton, depends on him. Mario could become 2nd tier as well. Gordon, maybe 3rd. Same with Harris.

Vooch is who he is.

It's growing very clear that Henny wants a PF to replace Frye. Porzingis was the target, didn't happen. Millsap, close but no prize. He might initiate trade talks to PHO or some other team higher up in the draft to get a stud PF no matter how old he is.