Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Let's say hypothetically we do deal Vooch and Oladipo to get Butler. Still gives us Tobias to shop around for a center. If we trade Vooch without getting a 5 back we're more than likely making another deal to get a 5

Maybe that's what's going on right now. Henny might be seeing if they can bring in another 5.

If we look at free agents for 2016:

- Andre Drummond, restricted

- Dwight Howard, player option

- Hassan Whiteside, unrestricted

- Al Jefferson, unrestricted

- Joakim Noah, unrestricted

- Zaza Pachulia, unrestricted

- Roy Hibbert, unrestricted

- Timofey Mozgov, unrestricted

Granted we may or may not have any interest in the players above, but there are options available in free agency that we could pursue. Some of the names above would need to sign here and bounce back to their previous form, but some of them are appealing options if we did trade Vuc. Though if we can keep hold of Vuc that would be a good scenario because if we could get away with a trade like Oladipo and Harris to get Jimmy Butler, then bring in Pau Gasol in free agency, that would leave us with Payton, Butler, Fournier, Gasol, and Vuc as our starting line up which looks pretty good to me.

I agree that Denver have some talented bigs. Jokic and Nurkic are talented options, though whether Denver want to trade them is debatable. But with the amount of first round picks Denver have in this year's draft, they might want to offload a big for the right price. Both seem to be similar type of centers to Vuc.

Whiteside is the only one I like. Mozgov too but isn't he getting up there in age?

I like Jokic and Nurkic too. They rebound and defend and aren't stiffs. They don't hurt you offensively either.

If it's Dipo Gordon and a protected first for Gibson and Butler I'd do it. No brainer.

I wouldn't trade Gordon For Butler. For Durant, Westbrook, or AD? Sure. Not for Butler and Gibson.

I wouldn't trade Gordon For Butler. For Durant, Westbrook, or AD? Sure. Not for Butler and Gibson.

Before yesterday I would have because sometimes I think I'm just overvaluing Gordon because he's a magic player. But that vertical article yesterday comes from an objective source with actual front office experience and says Gordon might have the most upside of anyone in the nba.

Before yesterday I would have because sometimes I think I'm just overvaluing Gordon because he's a magic player. But that vertical article yesterday comes from an objective source with actual front office experience and says Gordon might have the most upside of anyone in the nba.

The only thing that worries me about Gordon is he might be injury prone. I know most of the injuries have been freak accidents but I worry he's a walking target for accidents. That's all small beans though.

Basketball wise, he could be a rich mans Griffin. The potential is scary good.

We can find a center

Yes we can, and if we were really serious, we would have to look at the Knucklehead.....Whiteside as well! Could be something Skiles could develop!

I really like the idea of Dipo and Nic for Butler, but would prefer a combo of Dipo, Frye and a 2nd....not a first rounder, even if we are not in the greatest draft position next year, you just don't trade that much of your future for one excellent, but also malcontent player. I also think Butler thrives under hard nose coaches like Thibbs and Skiles, which also leads me to believe that this deal may be revisited soon!

writing_thinking.gif

Where is that article? Link?