Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

@DavidBaumannORL I never understood the #Magic signing Frye. If you were gonna give a stretch-4 that $, why didn't it just go to Ryan Anderson in '12?

Can you explain? Not sure I follow.

you're a free agent.

if you've been in the league 0-6 years the maximum you can be paid is 25% of the salary cap or 105% of your previous salary, whatever is greater.

if you've been in the league 7-9 years the maximum you can be paid is 30% of the salary cap or 105% of your previous salary

if you've been in the league 10+ years the maximum you can be paid is 35% of the salary cap or 105% of your previous salary.

This is why Kobe's contract is 30 million, because he's been in the league forever and just kept getting those 105% increases at the end of each contract plus the annual 7.5% increase.

so lets say the salary cap goes up to 92 million. the maximum we could pay Fournier is 23 million because it's 25% of 92 million. The maximum we could pay derozan is 27.6 million. The maximum we could pay Lebron is 32.2 million.

@OMagicDaily Looks like the #Magic will get a Frye-sized trade exception in the deal. That could be important come draft time

Interesting. But I though that if you are under the cap the trade exemptions are worthless.

Unless we can use it today on another trade. Maybe involving Napier and AN.

I know.. I was referring to this guy magical nba? Who is this guy BTW?

some guy off twitter, sort of inside info guy so he reckons lol

I just repost what he says

@WojVerticalNBA Sources: Seventy minutes until deadline -- and Dwight Howard remains firmly in Houston. Rockets know how to make deals, so it isn't over.

some guy off twitter, sort of inside info guy so he reckons lol

I just repost what he says

I see. Lol.

Thanks for keeping us updated tho.

Interesting. But I though that if you are under the cap the trade exemptions are worthless.

Unless we can use it today on another trade. Maybe involving Napier and AN.

you are correct. you get cap space or the trade exception but not both.

you're a free agent.

if you've been in the league 0-6 years the maximum you can be paid is 25% of the salary cap or 105% of your previous salary, whatever is greater.

if you've been in the league 7-9 years the maximum you can be paid is 30% of the salary cap or 105% of your previous salary

if you've been in the league 10+ years the maximum you can be paid is 35% of the salary cap or 105% of your previous salary.

This is why Kobe's contract is 30 million, because he's been in the league forever and just kept getting those 105% increases at the end of each contract plus the annual 7.5% increase.

so lets say the salary cap goes up to 92 million. the maximum we could pay Fournier is 23 million because it's 25% of 92 million. The maximum we could pay derozan is 27.6 million. The maximum we could pay Lebron is 32.2 million.

Quick stat check reveals this is durants 9th year in the nba. Does that mean he would only command 30% ($27.6M for a 92M cap)?

Would immediately trade one of fournier/dipo for a big if durant signed (or maybe preemptively to get durant to sign)

Id be super happy to land a pf/c in the draft, then conley and derozan/barnes in free agency