Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Dwight makes Horford redundant and vice versa, imo

Ohhh.. I tend to disagree. Horford Will be perfect. He can shoot the ball well from outside the paint (including 3's) and can play 5 if DH is in foul trouble.

in reality, this will never happen.

Teague is so much better than Payton

I'd like to point out as someone who went to school with Teague (Go Deacs!), Teague and Payton are extremely alike - but I give an edge to Payton in terms of ceiling.

Teague came into the lead having no jumpshot, but being a big guard with lightning quickness who could finish at the rim well. He was not a good passer. Currently, Teague has a respectable jumpshot, is an excellent finisher, and works well as a passing PG within a movement-based system. He is a quiet leader. He is not a great defender.

Payton into the league having no jumpshot, but being a big guard with lightning quickness who could finish at the rim well. However, unlike Teague, Payton is an extremely good passer and a wonderful defender.

The thing that separates Teague from being better than Payton is his consistent jumpshot. Look at Teague in his first 3 years in the league and you will see it took a lot of time to get it working decently.

I would rather have Payton for the short and long-term future.

Ohhh.. I tend to disagree. Horford Will be perfect. He can shoot the ball well from outside the paint (including 3's) and can play 5 if DH is in foul trouble.

in reality, this will never happen.

Damn, had no idea Horford was shooting 3s at 34% and attempting almost 3 per game. Impressive.

@ESPNSteinLine ESPN sources say that the Pistons have offered center Joel Anthony to the Houston Rockets in exchange for PF Donatas Motiejunas

looooooooooooooool

I would just like to mention I'm here too. Have been for a while - just don't get to post often. :shard:/>

I think something the Magic (Rob) wants to change is the culture of the team. Like San Antonio and OKC, I think Rob wants the core players from this team to be primarily drafted by us and rewarded for their hard work. Bringing in a star player (like Howard or Teague) doesn't jive with the feeling I have when I think about the "culture" Rob and his team are trying to create. He's more worried about developing the talent we have rather than bringing in a player who doesn't have any allegiance to our organization.

With that being said, wasn't it reported yesterday Andrew Nicolson has told he is being traded and we haven't heard a SINGLE THING about a trade involving him... Anyone else believe something isn't being leaked to the media?

I agree however things are not the same.

Did you believed then that the "culture" he was expecting to build here now involves Jennings? Didnt he said something to that extent when we signed Harris? Look where he is at now?

Jennings could be just a rental just like DH could be

Nothing surprise me anymore.

Vuc and Dipo for horford and teague

Frye and jennings for DH.

Why not?

Teague/payton

Fournier/mario

Ag/ mario

Horford

D12

Then horfod leaves after the season, jimmy next , d12s a Cancer..pass

@ESPNSteinLine ESPN sources say that the Pistons have offered center Joel Anthony to the Houston Rockets in exchange for PF Donatas Motiejunas

looooooooooooooool

PPFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Damn, had no idea Horford was shooting 3s at 34% and attempting almost 3 per game. Impressive.

Yes. He is on my fantasy team so i follow him closely. He is versatile for sure.

I agree however things are not the same.

Did you believed then that the "culture" he was expecting to build here now involves Jennings? Didnt he said something to that extent when we signed Harris? Look where he is at now?

Jennings could be just a rental just like DH could be

Nothing surprise me anymore.

My point is he wouldn't trade away 2 or 3 of our core to get a star, nor would we bring in two "outsiders" that push our core to the bench or take away minutes. Just isn't happening. Small markets need loyal players who won't bolt to shinier big-city markets.

I think we all knew Harris wasn't the answer in an offense that values passing and attacking - neither of which he did well.

In my opinion, we sign one BIG player this summer and we look at staying under the cap to provide upcoming extensions for Fournier/Vic/Payton and eventually Gordon/Hezonja. If we sign the big free agents and use all of our money on them, what does it tell players when we say "We can't pay you the money you're worth b/c we signed a guy with no connections to us who wanted his payday." Henny is more strategic than that.

looooooooooooooool

I really hope this isn't the big announcement for the day with less than 3 hours to go.

My point is he wouldn't trade away 2 or 3 of our core to get a star, nor would we bring in two "outsiders" that push our core to the bench or take away minutes. Just isn't happening. Small markets need loyal players who won't bolt to shinier big-city markets.

I think we all knew Harris wasn't the answer in an offense that values passing and attacking - neither of which he did well.

In my opinion, we sign one BIG player this summer and we look at staying under the cap to provide upcoming extensions for Fournier/Vic/Payton and eventually Gordon/Hezonja. If we sign the big free agents and use all of our money on them, what does it tell players when we say "We can't pay you the money you're worth b/c we signed a guy with no connections to us who wanted his payday." Henny is more strategic than that.

We can exceed the cap to extend/re-sign our own players. Of course we'll eventually pay the luxury tax but we've done that before so it shouldn't be an issue, assuming we're winning of course.