Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

On more deals -- "We'll see. Maybe. Maybe not. I think we have to continue to be open to ideas. It's hard to say right now" -- Rob Hennigan

"We were also able to open up some flexibility this summer... It sets up a few different ways we can play this." -- Rob Hennigan

Yup. We get to overpay some 2nd tier or 3rd tier.

Yup. We get to overpay some 2nd tier or 3rd tier.

I just got some delicious fries from steak and shake. Can I borrow some of that salt you got? Seem to have quite a bit to spare.

Zach Lowe:

Tobias Harris on a rookie contract was a curiosity -- a super-young, position-less pile of skills. Skeptics saw a tweener jack-of-all-trades who wasn't actually good at any of them, and hogged the ball on offense. The intrigued saw a shape-shifting puzzle piece who could evolve into a perfect modern NBA forward, provided he could learn at least a few of those trades at a B-plus level.

Either way, at that price, he was worth betting on.

Tobias Harris earning $64 million over four years is a wager placed, and the Magic on Tuesday decided they had made a bad bet in dealing Harris for two veterans who might be gone from Orlando in five months. The reeling Magic needed a change, and as I wrote in July, there had long been rumblings that Harris's shot selection annoyed his teammates. Heck, Harris knows what he needs to work on. "It's always, 'Oh, why doesn't he pass more?'" he told me over the summer. "And I'm not the best defensive player. I'm not gonna tell it to you like that."

Tobias Harris is worth Detroit's time http://es.pn/1Q09E0v

-via ESPN http://es.pn/app

So, the clear answer is to wind up and hope the team can strike gold — hope that by freeing up the necessary cap room that one of the stud free agents decides to take his talents to Orlando and buy into this young group.

Can that happen? Absolutely. Will it certainly happen? No.

But trading Tobias Harris for Brandon Jennings’ expiring contract (and Ersan Ilyasova) is a sure-fire way at least to give Orlando the flexibility and the chance to add that defining talent. Harris was not it. No other player on the roster is either.

Via OMD

I just got some delicious fries from steak and shake. Can I borrow some of that salt you got? Seem to have quite a bit to spare.

Yeah, I didn't handle it right. It's my bad. Just had to vent.

I think this might finally be the season wear watching this team gives me a stroke.

If the Gilbert Arenas deal didn't give you a stroke, nothing will. You'll survive this. You still have youth on your side, young man.

• Upvote 1

So, the clear answer is to wind up and hope the team can strike gold — hope that by freeing up the necessary cap room that one of the stud free agents decides to take his talents to Orlando and buy into this young group.

Can that happen? Absolutely. Will it certainly happen? No.

But trading Tobias Harris for Brandon Jennings’ expiring contract (and Ersan Ilyasova) is a sure-fire way at least to give Orlando the flexibility and the chance to add that defining talent. Harris was not it. No other player on the roster is either.

Via OMD

Flexibility for who though? There's no real defining talent.

Flexibility for who though? There's no real defining talent.

I'd rather have proper flexibility as we do now rather than being stuck with Tobias.

You don't know for Sure Durant etc won't come..

You gotta buy a ticket to win the raffle and this trade at the very least enables that.

Also to maybe pay Evan...Dipo..etc