Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

They've been winning more and competitive in loses. They also plugged WCS at the starting center spot and moving DMC back to his natural position at PF. Everything else is just hypothetical. Divac loves DMC btw and made it known he'd fire Karl before trading Cousins.

If agree 100% with you.. this would have been a hypothetical but having a rookie former Euro NBA player as gm.. could he be sold on the idea that Vuc would be a better fit? Plus Karl as a coach likes his scoring coming from PG thru PF, doesn't rely much on the inside game from a Center.. WCS n Cousins is nice but it might clog the the lane since Rondo, Gay, WCS don't have a strong outside game.. only Cousins has range and Gay has a good mid range gm.

If agree 100% with you.. this would have been a hypothetical but having a rookie former Euro NBA player as gm.. could he be sold on the idea that Vuc would be a better fit? Plus Karl as a coach likes his scoring coming from PG thru PF, doesn't rely much on the inside game from a Center.. WCS n Cousins is nice but it might clog the the lane since Rondo, Gay, WCS don't have a strong outside game.. only Cousins has range and Gay has a good mid range gm.

Why would Vooch be an better fit? Because he's of European descent?

If you read your post you'll see an error. Karl likes scoring from pg to pf. Cousins playing pf now. Cousins has range. That spreads the floor not clogs it. Why trade him for an guy who doesn't spread the floor as much? Wouldn't by your notion be ideal to keep Cousins and trade WCS, which I don't know if I agree with.

And I'm always the first to criticize Dipo here but my criticism has been largely due to how he is being utilized. If utilized as a super defender/slasher/scorer option where others around him are helping open lanes and spotting him, I think LONGTERM Dipo has more potential than Griffin.

By 26, I hope Dipo will be more "Wade/Bowen" fusion type which is more important to this team than Griffin could ever be. But Dipo needs the right pieces around him. I've compared Dipo to a Vince Carter type player when it comes to relevance. This point is to suggest Dipo is a special player, more special than Carter due to being multidimensional, but Dipo's success requires pieces around him. Dipo is no Jordan.

Vince Carter has been in the NBA forever. I think you're forgetting how good he was his first 12 years in the league.

Vince Carter has been in the NBA forever. I think you're forgetting how good he was his first 12 years in the league.

Right...Vince is or near a hall of fame player. Dipo as of now does not seem like he will reach that level.

Right...Vince is or near a hall of fame player. Dipo as of now does not seem like he will reach that level.

And that's not a negative or pessimism it's just a fact

It's 2016 and we're still taking Catalina's comments at face value? :)/>

I stopped doing that after "Andrew Nicholson could be our Tim Duncan"