Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: Heat @ Magic

Sometimes I think Victor's basketball IQ is not very high...All these silly turnovers, lazy passes, missed layups...It is very frustrating to watch.

Don't think at all Skiles is overworking him. These guys are professional athletes and we're a third of the way through the season, so fatigue is not an excuse. It looks like a body language thing to me. It seems the guy HATES coming off the bench, which also isn't an excuse, but fun-loving Victor hasn't really been seen since the lineup change, even when he was playing well at first. It's frustrating as all hell that we seem to get good Evan OR good Victor and they can never seem to get going at the same time.

On another note, can Wade just retire already?! I'm so sick of that damn guy. And, Dragic was getting away with arm bars on offense and forearm slaps on defense all night. It really seemed to get in to everybody's head. Tough loss, but with any luck we should be able to close out the year with 2 wins and go 19 - 13 in 2015, which is better than even the most optimistic Magic fan could have predicted.

I guess the reality that both Evan and Dipo are not yet or ever will be All Star worthy is setting in. Yesterday's game is so frustrating because NO ONE - not Harris, not Payton, not Dipo, not Evan, can be consistent enough to take over the game. I didn't include Vuc there as this 20/10 averages in the past 5 games is all-star worthy, but his defensive presence can use so much more improvement. It's like we have these fringe players who are GOOD but not GREAT. BUT ... look ... if you told me we'd be 4 games above .500 by this time at the beginning of the season and that we'd be a 7 seed, I'd be more than ecstatic. The team overall is exceeding expectations, even though the individual players are all a tad bit underperforming as individuals. Does this make sense?

What's encouraging to me, though, is seeing Payton's growth. The confidence is there, and he is surely becoming consistent as one who can drive to the rim and score at will. I know he didn't look good at the start of the season, but keep watching. Payton is gonna be the man, you'll see. I give him a pass on his poor defense on Dragic last night, only because he was one of the sparks trying to get us a win last night when veterans like Harris and Fournier were fading in fear or boredom.

Sometimes I think Victor's basketball IQ is not very high...All these silly turnovers, lazy passes, missed layups...It is very frustrating to watch.

Yes, I see that too. Frustrating indeed. If not for his defense, I'd given up on him already. I think if someone sits him down and just tells him: Dude, just score at will. Your job as king of the second unit, is get open and score at will. Coz you're not really a good passer or a good dribbler. If Dipo has a PG in the second unit who can also shoot well (not Payton ... mmm Mario???), he'll be a lot more dangerous. BUT DIPO CANNOT CREATE HIS OWN OFFENSE VERY WELL OR CREATE FOR OTHERS VERY WELL. He needs to wreck havoc and score at will and defend at will. SO that he doesn't fatigue, he needs to just lose his man on the offensive end and get open for easy shots or people clear the path so he can drive to the basket and score.

Im loving the over-reaction to a game lost to the Heat.

Newsflash everyone, we arent winning every game; not even the winnable ones. This is the NBA. The Heat have a very solid team and are in the 3rd seed for a reason.

Let's not forget how awesome our team has been doing with the current lineup we have.

Newsflash everyone, we arent winning every game; not even the winnable ones. This is the NBA. The Heat have a very solid team and are in the 3rd seed for a reason.

Let's not forget how awesome our team has been doing with the current lineup we have.

Meh, when you have a 15 point lead in the second half at home against the in-state rival and blow it, people are gonna react a little bit.

Well this was as big a game you can get in late December. I haven't read much overreaction, though. But I've only loosely skimmed through here.

So the previous two years was a fluke?

I know he needs to get stronger. His shooting has always been below average but something else is going on there. He's better than this.

I agree he needs to get stronger, but I've also noticed how winded he is after playing just a few minutes in the game. It almost looks like a conditioning issue which makes no sense since he is playing limited minutes now. It's a mystery, that's for sure.

I agree he needs to get stronger, but I've also noticed how winded he is after playing just a few minutes in the game. It almost looks like a conditioning issue which makes no sense since he is playing limited minutes now. It's a mystery, that's for sure.

What's the change? Skiles has him playing PG. That in itself is a new beast... He needs to focus on scoring and taking over games when he's on.

I notice every game how hard he is breathing after a couple times down the court. I don't understand it either. Conditioning cant be the problem. Maybe he is asthmatic?

His game should be just focused on defense for now, he is not a go to guy, but I don't think his ego could take it. After more than 2 years in the league, he should have improved at least one part of his offense, but I don't see it. Well free throws I guess but that is it. He has all the physical tools to be a great player, but the mind working the tools is a big question mark.

I notice every game how hard he is breathing after a couple times down the court. I don't understand it either. Conditioning cant be the problem. Maybe he is asthmatic?

Anxiety / Adrenaline dumps. Happens to a lot of athletes

His IQ is fine. He just needs to get stronger. Skiles defense is not JV's.