Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: Magic @ Clippers

also wes johnson has 15 points which is abit odd so half that and we are winning lol

we need to ride the storm and settle down and we should win this game.

We have the better players apart from BG.

Probably because he scores 25 PPG at 57% TS

I can't argue with results of TS% (though you can argue PPG has to do as much with volume shooting as it does with a player's actual abilities - anyone on the Magic can average 30 PPG if they chuck up enough shots).

It may be just me, but I just think handles the ball like an subpar player. Perhaps he has really good touch with his shot selection - don't know. In my mind, his handles are only slightly higher than Dwight's, yet it still translates to a gentle jumpshot.

We're crashing the offensive boards. Love seeing the Magic first to the ball rather than the opponent. 10 offensive boards. Wesley Johnson needs to be stopped. As soon as Gordon was put on him, he was shut down. SKiles was trying to put in Gordon for frye because he knew there would be a play for johnson. 15 points too many.

It was kind of shaky, but Oladipo has picked it up but his offensive skills look shaky. Two carries resulting in turnovers. He's playing elite defense to make up for that.

The Magic should win this by keeping the Jordan and Griffin off the offensive glass. One and done. We have to somehow keep gordon in the game on Johnson because Tobias is getting lit. Vucevic is due for some scoring. The Jamal Crawford should go cold by reputation so no worries on him.

That's about it.

We're crashing the offensive boards. Love seeing the Magic first to the ball rather than the opponent. 10 offensive boards. Wesley Johnson needs to be stopped. As soon as Gordon was put on him, he was shut down. SKiles was trying to put in Gordon for frye because he knew there would be a play for johnson. 15 points too many.

It was kind of shaky, but Oladipo has picked it up but his offensive skills look shaky. Two carries resulting in turnovers. He's playing elite defense to make up for that.

The Magic should win this by keeping the Jordan and Griffin off the offensive glass. One and done. We have to somehow keep gordon in the game on Johnson because Tobias is getting lit. Vucevic is due for some scoring. The Jamal Crawford should go cold by reputation so no worries on him.

That's about it.

It's truly a board game. We win the 2nd half board battle, we give ourselves a very good chance at winning the game.

That's about it.

Yep Johnson has already surpassed his season high against us tonight

What? The carries?

Its not the carries. Its his shot. He just doesn't look in the same rhythm all the time and even on open shots. His shot looks all over the place every other attempt. You mentioned he had a hitch in his shot couple of days earlier I noticed it myself. Oladipo needs to get his rhythm back.

Fournier needs to turn it around in 2nd half like he did against the Jazz. And unless Frye hits his 3's we need to play Gordon. This may be a game we're better served with AG and Dedmon over Frye and Nicholson. Jordan and Griffin are too athletic for CF and AN. Maybe give Hezonja some minutes and see what happens. Match the athleticism.

Fournier needs to turn it around in 2nd half like he did against the Jazz. And unless Frye hits his 3's we need to play Gordon. This may be a game we're better served with AG and Dedmon over Frye and Nicholson. Jordan and Griffin are too athletic for CF and AN. Maybe give Hezonja some minutes and see what happens. Match the athleticism.

I see your idea definitely... if evan aint on tonight then try mario for sure.