CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Nah. We were one of those that didn't do our homework.

Granger was pick 15.

Take a look at players picked after the 11th pick in the 2008 and 2011 draft.

Low probability but still...Very possible.

BTW I was joking....saying we didnt do our homework...hell not only did we not do our homework. We didnt even buy the class textbook or even go to class. In fact it was like we sat home during class and smoked our bong for the entire semester only to be surprised we got an "F"..minus. Turdzik and Otis did as little as humanly possible to find out anything about the bum only to be surprised he was a bum. They did let you watch them drinking from Zephyr Hills bottles, making zero phone calls during the draft and high fiving the selection for the 2 hours on the Magic "WAR ROOM" (cough cough) cam. One of the true crown jewels of stupidity in this franchise for sure was drafting him.

One of his biggest issues is his on-court demeanor and toughness, which can't be demonstrated in a workout.

Exactly why I don't want us to draft him, we need those things on this team not more softies.

Magic are apparently working out Croatian Nik Slavica

I'm cool with us having the rights to every Croatian. There's a lot of signs that they're going to be what Argentina was in the 2000s

I'm cool with us having the rights to every Croatian. There's a lot of signs that they're going to be what Argentina was in the 2000s

Yea I know nothing about this Slavica but Croatian basketball is really improving. If Hezonja, Saric and Bender all meet their potential that could be a scary good team along with guys like Ante Zizic and (hopefully if we draft him) this guy.

Strengths:

-Has great size for a shooting guard at 6-7.

-Very strong frame that will only continue to fill out in time

-Big hands, long arms

-Tremendous athlete. Had a handful of unbelievably impressive dunks and blocks throughout the course of the tournament

-Good in transition, where he finds himself frequently

-Can create for himself and others off the dribble

-Gets to the basket in the half-court thanks to strong first step, sometimes to throw down impressive dunks

-Averaged 5.9 assists per-40, one of the best rates at the tournament regardless of position

-Outstanding rebounder at every level he's played at. 8.0 per-40 in Crete.

-Shooting mechanics are not bad at all. Has made jumpers at every level he's played at. 1.5 made 3s per-40 in national team competition

-Even hits shots off the dribble in mid-range area when defense closes out too aggressively

-Excellent defender. Guarded 3-4 positions on a consistent basis in Crete. Often used to slow down point guards thanks to outstanding lateral quickness. Shut down a number of very good offensive players over the course of the week.

Weaknesses:

-Not an efficient or prolific offensive option historically. Career 47% 2P%, 25% 3P%, 62% FT% in nearly 1000 minutes of action

-Outside shot shows potential, but was career from consistent even at the U19s. Made just 7/26 3-point attempts and 59% of free throws

-Has a little bit of a slingshot motion to his jumper. Hesitates to shoot when left open at times. Splayed some ugly jumpers left and right at times, including a few airballs.

-Decision making is not quite there yet. Doesn't always know his limitations. Shot-selection can be questionable.

-Ball-handling skills are improvable. Can blow by opponents with his first step, but needs to continue to work on change of speeds and directions, especially in pick and roll and isolation situations

-Has a reputation for being a little bit off-center back home

Outlook: One of the breakout performers of the U19 World Championship. Saved his best game for last, scoring 23 points with 5 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 steals against USA in the Finals. Was huge against Turkey in the semi-finals as well. Has the makings of a high level prospect with his tremendous size, frame, athleticism, playmaking ability, defensive potential and decent shooting stroke. If he can find a consistent outside jumper he is a very likely NBA player.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nik-Slavica-69222/

Gave him a quick Google. Looks like a long, raw, athletic wing. First highlight that comes up is a huge block on Jason Tatum in a FIBA U19 game.

Yea I know nothing about this Slavica but Croatian basketball is really improving. If Hezonja, Saric and Bender all meet their potential that could be a scary good team along with guys like Ante Zizic and (hopefully if we draft him) this guy.

I wonder if it says anything that we're mostly reviewing second round guys. The only first round prospect we've met with is Skal and that can be explained away by his workout being an afternoon drive away from Orlando.

Apparently Malachi Richardson is having phenomenal workouts and some people think he's a top 10 pick. That'd be another player in the current mocked top 10 available at 11. I genuinely believe this is the year where you can pretty much throw mocks out of the window after the top 6 or so players.

Apparently Malachi Richardson is having phenomenal workouts and some people think he's a top 10 pick. That'd be another player in the current mocked top 10 available at 11. I genuinely believe this is the year where you can pretty much throw mocks out of the window after the top 6 or so players.

My "there's no real difference between 10 and 40" theory is gaining some traction.

My "there's no real difference between 10 and 40" theory is gaining some traction.

Yea im feeling that way too. But I tend to look at it as more of a good thing. I think we have a chance to draft 3 NBA calibre players with our three picks which is pretty rare. That's why I'm on team trade down, more picks in that range.

Yea im feeling that way too. But I tend to look at it as more of a good thing. I think we have a chance to draft 3 NBA calibre players with our three picks which is pretty rare. That's why I'm on team trade down, more picks in that range.

We shouldn't have minutes in our rotation for rookies, so if we trade down we should be gathering foreign guys or a d league players like Thon who will take years to develop. The advantage to trading down is a smaller cap hit without a major drop in talent.