CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Ibaka's rebounds are down thanks to Adams, Kanter, and Westbrook now grabbing 8 a game. It's more noticeable on the offensive glass than defensively, which makes sense since he spends more time near the 3pt line.

Blocks are concerning.

He shot 69 3pt in the playoffs and made 31 of them.

Rob is definitely in the hot seat right now. The Tobias trade reminds me of the Gilbert Arenas trade when we weren't winning enough games back then too. And honestly Brandon Jennings is probably at the same point in his career as Gilbert was back then. He's just not someone you would want as your starting point guard.

The main difference is the crippling contract of Arenas vs an expiring Jennings. Jennings was a dart throw that a Skiles vet could come in and stabilize the team, without long term harm if he didn't. Arenas was an anchor.

Also one more thing. Anyone else really frustrated with recent management's past ties? When Otis was here, my dad used to always joke that he was trying to reunite the 2002 Golden State Warriors since we ended up with Richardson, Arenas, Hughes, and Foyle. Then the trade earlier this year with Tobias, Jennings, and Ersan had Skiles' fingerprints all over it. Now a trade with OKC that probably helped out OKC big time.

A little strange and a little frustrating when all of these trades probably weren't in our best interest.

The main difference is the crippling contract of Arenas vs an expiring Jennings. Jennings was a dart throw that a Skiles vet could come in and stabilize the team, without long term harm if he didn't. Arenas was an anchor.

Definitely not as bad as the Arenas trade, but giving up a player like Lewis who was in decline vs. giving up a young guy like Tobias seems like we lost a lot to me.

From the ringer:

The Magic won’t be a bottom-feeder next season, and if that was the goal, then this trade is a resounding success. But there are no guarantees that Ibaka’s rehabilitation in a different environment will yield the same kind of results that Batum got — which means the Magic could have gambled away a significant portion of their four-year rebuild for a one-year rental. It’s a dangerous kind of hope, but the Magic finally have a player who can make sense of their exciting but unstructured plan for the future.

This is what im hoping ito happen in free agency:

1. Get Horford!: the idea of having Horford and Ibaka playing together is amazing. We have to guys that can play defense and could score if needed.

This duo will be a matchup hell for other teams in the east. Vogel will be very happy with that duo.

2. THe need to get another player in free agency that can score. I think we can now change our look in free agency and look for a proven SG/SF star.

Names to consider are: Beal, De Rozen or even maybe Barnes as SF.

3. Trade Vuc!. Trading Vuc for a star wind player and go for a guy like Conley. Memphis seems to have an idea already that conley is leaving. They draft yesterday what seems to be their future PG.Maybe they will consider a sign and trade for Vuc considering Gasol injury seems to be serious enough to risk next season or likely a career ending one.

Maybe a 9 player rotation like:

Payton/watson

Beal/mario

Fournier/gordon

Horford/Gordon

Ibaka/Z

This will be an ideal roster with freat shooter and great rim protection. The only problem here is how healthy can this roster stay for the full season.

This is what im hoping ito happen in free agency:

1. Get Horford!: the idea of having Horford and Ibaka playing together is amazing. We have to guys that can play defense and could score if needed.

This duo will be a matchup hell for other teams in the east. Vogel will be very happy with that duo.

2. THe need to get another player in free agency that can score. I think we can now change our look in free agency and look for a proven SG/SF star.

Names to consider are: Beal, De Rozen or even maybe Barnes as SF.

3. Trade Vuc!. Trading Vuc for a star wind player and go for a guy like Conley. Memphis seems to have an idea already that conley is leaving. They draft yesterday what seems to be their future PG.Maybe they will consider a sign and trade for Vuc considering Gasol injury seems to be serious enough to risk next season or likely a career ending one.

Maybe a 9 player rotation like:

Payton/watson

Beal/mario

Fournier/gordon

Horford/Gordon

Ibaka/Z

This will be an ideal roster with freat shooter and great rim protection. The only problem here is how healthy can this roster stay for the full season.

1. the horford ship has sailed. we have ibaka to play center. bring in a guy like hibbert on a vet minimum deal to cover ibaka's weaknesses.

2. Batum. Beal isn't leaving Washington.

Ok so I slept on it.

Moving Oladipo makes sense if you're one of those people that thinks Gordon is a SF (which Rob clearly does). More minutes for Mario, I get it. The problem is only getting back a shell of Serge Ibaka. We gave up a Boogie Cousins type package and got a guy that used to be Serge Ibaka. That part still sucks.

1. the horford ship has sailed. we have ibaka to play center. bring in a guy like hibbert on a vet minimum deal to cover ibaka's weaknesses.

2. Batum. Beal isn't leaving Washington.

Where is the offense? And i also dont see Batum leaving.

Ok so I slept on it.

Moving Oladipo makes sense if you're one of those people that thinks Gordon is a SF (which Rob clearly does). More minutes for Mario, I get it. The problem is only getting back a shell of Serge Ibaka. We gave up a Boogie Cousins type package and got a guy that used to be Serge Ibaka. That part still sucks.

You think that's all it would take to get Boogie?

• Upvote 1

Ok so I slept on it.

Cousin was not possible. It would it involved several first round picks as well as Gordon.

I think Oladipo for Ibaka was a fair deal. Heartbreaking, but fair.

The 11 pick was going to be a rotation player anyhow and the Z pick was a good one. I think Z can be as good as Sabonis.

You think that's all it would take to get Boogie?

Swap out Ersan with Vuc and they couldn't pack his bags fast enough. Either way we could be gotten better than this dude who used to be good but now is out here thinking he's Dorell Wright.