Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

GAMETHREAD: Magic @ Timberwolves

Woah hold on to those assets buddy. Payton alone will eclipse Bledsoe in a couple years. We trade the players above only for a KD type player.

Can we at least see how the rest of the year pan out for our young studs before we start giving them away?

The strength of this current team is DEPTH and we have just begun to understand our true identity.

You do not have any specific,rational proof that Payton will turn into anything. It's all guesses at this point. Personally, I don't buy it but I hope for it.

You do realize teams tighten things up in the playoffs right? Usually, teams with abnormal amounts of depth aren't the best.

Woah hold on to those assets buddy. Payton alone will eclipse Bledsoe in a couple years. We trade the players above only for a KD type player.

Can we at least see how the rest of the year pan out for our young studs before we start giving them away?

The strength of this current team is DEPTH and we have just begun to understand our true identity.

Really?

We need to do a quick reality check here.

Here is all of the important point guards in the nba. Where do you think Payton ends up:

Steph curry

Russell Westbrook

Chris Paul

Lillard

John wall

Eric Bledsoe

Kyle Lowry

Brandon knight

Reggie Jackson

Kemba walker

Jeff Teague

Jrue Holliday

Mike Conley

Isaiah Thomas

Cj mccollum

Ricky Rubio

Rajon Rondo

Dennis Schroder

Emmanuel Mudiay

George hill

Tony Parker

Deron Williams

Be serious about this. I'm trying to gauge something. This is a question for everyone.

Be serious about this. I'm trying to gauge something. This is a question for everyone.

I don't have a lot of faith in him because of his shot, but what I like about him is that he's not too ball dominant. Post 08 Rondo is a huge stat padder and Payton won't turn out like that, he has nice basketball IQ.

I think that Payton won't become as good a shooter as Jason Kidd did, but as an overall player I think he'll end up being a little worse than Kyle Lowry but better than the Jeff Teagues and George Hills of the world.

I don't think he'll have any all-star appearances though. Teague has one but that doesn't mean a whole lot.

Really?

We need to do a quick reality check here.

Here is all of the important point guards in the nba. Where do you think Payton ends up:

Steph curry

Russell Westbrook

Chris Paul

Lillard

John wall

Eric Bledsoe

Kyle Lowry

Brandon knight

Reggie Jackson

Kemba walker

Jeff Teague

Jrue Holliday

Mike Conley

Isaiah Thomas

Cj mccollum

Ricky Rubio

Rajon Rondo

Dennis Schroder

Emmanuel Mudiay

George hill

Tony Parker

Deron Williams

Best he gets is Teague area but I think it's more likely he ends up in the Rondo area.

Crazy Soul Bro thought... I think Payton AND Dipo could be top 5 (two-way) players at their positions in 2 years... And I don't think Dipo needs to start to make that happen. They both just need to keep being humble and hard working. I love how Skiles and Henny have surrounded them with mid-range and long-range bombers.

Mike Conley would be perfect for this team.

I agree and I don't think his age would be a factor. He's a very smart player that can hit the open 3 and that stuff ages well

Crazy Soul Bro thought... I think Payton AND Dipo could be top 5 (two-way) players at their positions in 2 years... And I don't think Dipo needs to start to make that happen. They both just need to keep being humble and hard working. I love how Skiles and Henny have surrounded them with mid-range and long-range bombers.

so you think payton is going to be better than John Wall?

Oladipo has a shot (because of positional weakness, just like vucevic can be a top 5 center). Payton is going to be a major letdown if you really believe that.