jec

Orlando Magic vs Boston Celtics - 11/29/15

Lol fact:

Frye

Harris

Vuc

Fournier

Payton

Combo is 115 offense rate and 93 defense rate. Excellent offense and decent defense. Hence why Skiles chose THIS lineup and he is the coach.

Yet the same people whined and complained that Frye starting would kill our defense. So far that has not happened at all.

Except there's nothing to indicate it's within his talent level. Jason Kapono's game was "like" Ray Allen's. But who cares, because Jason Kapono was nowhere near the talent that Allen was.

Advanced metrics pegged Fournier's talent level going into this season as "slightly below average bench player". So the most likely scenario is that Fournier's going to come crashing down to the mean(which is already happening, since his PER is down like 2 points since last week).

I mean hell, it's not like he's never started a season hot before; He averaged 15+ppg through November last season, before being mediocre in December and actively bad for the rest of the season when his shooting percentages cratered.

Except there's nothing to indicate it's within his talent level. Jason Kapono's game was "like" Ray Allen's. But who cares, because Jason Kapono was nowhere near the talent that Allen was.

Advanced metrics pegged Fournier's talent level going into this season as "slightly below average bench player". So the most likely scenario is that Fournier's going to come crashing down to the mean(which is already happening, since his PER is down like 2 points since last week).

I mean hell, it's not like he's never started a season hot before; He averaged 15+ppg through November last season, before being mediocre in December and actively bad for the rest of the season when his shooting percentages cratered.

He's been hurt the past few games, same injury that sidelined him last year. Think that makes a difference?

Are you saying that he suddenly will stop shooting above 35% from 3 and finishing at rim? Because that's all he needs to do to be effective at SG on this team.

As for shooting % "cratering", he shot 38% from 3 for the season last year with a fg % of 44.If what you are saying is actually as true as you worded it, that never would have happened.

You don't seem to get that the point is his game fits next to Payton a lot better than Victors. So if playing out of his mind to you is averaging 19ppg in 37 per than, I am not sure why you'd be stunned if he dropped to 13-15 per at 29 or so. His game will remain the same, and that is why Skiles starts him.

fournier's stats as a starting sg minus last game.

37.7 fg%

33% from 3

14.7 ppg.

He's been hurt for the past few games.

Also, Sample Size. Since somehow it only applies when you want it to and other times I guess nah?

If Evan gives us 15ppg and shoots over 35% from 3 he gives us exactly what we need next to Eflrid and allows Victor to log big minutes off the bench.

As for shooting % "cratering", he shot 38% from 3 for the season last year with a fg % of 44.If what you are saying is actually as true as you worded it, that never would have happened.

Evan Fournier had 3 months last season where he played the full month:

Evan Fournier's 3pt % by month in that time last year:

November(16 games): 41.4%

December(16 games): 32.4%

January(13 games): 34.1%

He's been hurt for the past few games.

Also, Sample Size. Since somehow it only applies when you want it to and other times I guess nah?

This entire premise surrounding the lineup change is a small sample. I'm using 5 games which is 100% of the thing we're talking about.

if we want to argue that benching oladipo made him and the team better, we have to also acknowledge that it made Fournier significantly worse.

also, Fournier minus last game and the second half of milwaukee when he said he hurt his hip:

36.7 fg%

31.5 3pt%

15.4 ppg.

This entire premise surrounding the lineup change is a small sample. I'm using 5 games which is 100% of the thing we're talking about.

if we want to argue that benching oladipo made him and the team better, we have to also acknowledge that it made Fournier significantly worse.

also, Fournier minus last game and the second half of milwaukee when he said he hurt his hip:

36.7 fg%

31.5 3pt%

15.4 ppg.

Ok so Fournier's is worse. Despite this we are winning, and more convincingly at that.

What is so hard about having a star come off the bench? Pops did it with Manu in the 2000's until now, and Manu was an all star.