Sign in to follow this  
jec

Orlando Magic vs Boston Celtics - 11/29/15

No one cares about sample size.

But it's worth noting that the two things that all three of those lineups have in common: Oladipo and Nicholson, which means that we should just play those two guys all the time. The proof is in the numbers, guys.

Oladipo + Nicholson = all our best lineups.

Dipo = Westbrook

Nicholson = Durant

I like it!

Sure we do - here's some sample size for you on Victor:

5 games before removal from starting lineup:

3PT: 1/5 (20%), 1/1 (100%), 0/2 (0%), 2/5 (40%), 0/3 (0%)

FT: 0/0 (0%), 0/0 (0%), 1/4 (25%), 1/2 (50%), 0/0 (0%)

FG%: 38.9, 50, 0, 36.4, 41.7

PPG: 15, 3, 1, 11, 10

+/- : 8, -2, -6, -16, -14

3 games since removal from starting lineup:

3PT: 1/4 (25%), 0/2 (0%), 2/6 (33%)

FT: 1/4 (25%), 0/2 (0%), 2/6 (33%)

FG%: 33.3, 58.3, 41.7

PPG: 24, 17, 19

+/-: +16, +14, +15

Trying to see why people are so defensive of a SG who shoots this poorly from 3 and can barely break 40% in FG percentage and is currently horrible at making FTs.

The bench plus minus now with Victor on it is crazy good. The change is working for both units so far. The AJ/Smith combo is dominating other team's backup front court.

Let's see how it goes over the west coast trip.

Well two of those games he was concussed and three point field goals aren't the be all end all for player success.

Well two of those games he was concussed and three point field goals aren't the be all end all for player success.

For our team, and most about any team now, 3 point shooting is key. You can't say yesterday that Frye is the reason for the starting lineup success and then today try and downplay a SG's terrible 3 point shooting - especially when Payton is bad at it too. Makes it way too easy to defend.

Fournier has not played that well but teams know he can catch fire at any time and as a result they have to stay up on him. Really makes a big difference.

For our team, and most about any team now, 3 point shooting is key. You can't say yesterday that Frye is the reason for the starting lineup success and then today try and downplay a SG's terrible 3 point shooting - especially when Payton is bad at it too. Makes it way too easy to defend.

Fournier has not played that well but teams know he can catch fire at any time and as a result they have to stay up on him. Really makes a big difference.

I mean I'm not arguing that good three point shooting is bad, just that I think Oladipo shooting isn't as much of a negative as the rest of him is positive.

That's a nice GIF but irrelevant since the numbers are right above you.

I think the more irrelevant thing is your numbers considering those aren't Oladipo's ft numbers for any game this season...

Edit: oh, you just repeated the three point numbers twice lol.

That's a nice GIF but irrelevant since the numbers are right above you.

Well, there are certainly numbers there.

They're wrong. But there are definitely numbers there.

For the record: he's shot 82% on FTs in the last 3 games on over 9 attempts a game, which is a bit different from the 3/12 you inexplicably have him at.

I think the more irrelevant thing is your numbers considering those aren't Oladipo's ft numbers for any game this season...

Edit: oh, you just repeated the three point numbers twice lol.

I didn't do anything. The numbers I post that you guys claim I manipulate are copied from other Magic forums. So you can take issue with them. It does appear that the formatting was screwed up and the FT numbers were off. That is good.

Anyway, we are back at that point of arguing sample size, if the numbers are right, saying I made them up, then it will go to one guy saying he doesn't care what I think while contradicting himself and typing 5 paragraph rebuttals to anything I say.

Main thing I have always focused on is the 3pt % and the FG%. Both are bad and both are why he is not starting right now. And let's be clear, you argued that Fournier starting at SG over Dipo was stupid and gave me grief about it before. And in another thread you made your matter of fact claim that Frye would never start over Oladipo. So I understand that you want to keep content going and argue all the time over anything since you were incorrect about those two things. Or maybe you just like petty arguments, I don't know.

Well, there are certainly numbers there.

They're wrong. But there are definitely numbers there.

For the record: he's shot 82% on FTs in the last 3 games on over 9 attempts a game, which is a bit different from the 3/12 you inexplicably have him at.

If this number are wrong then Ill go look again. This was posted elsewhere.

If he is shooting well from FT line thats great. I think the fact that he is showing very poorly from 3 and has a low FG% is the main point and the reason he was benched.