Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Official Gamethread: ORL vs PHI

Payton looks much more aggressive tonight, he is taking it into the paint and scoring or kicking it out to open shooters. You all who think he should be benched in favor of Watson need to realize that this kid and yes he is still a kid. Is playing the toughest position to play and this is his 3rd coach in a little over a year. His talent is far and above Watson or Napier. You will see, just like tonight. Patience, please.

• Upvote 1

Philly most likely will shop Noel to a team who needs a 5. Noel is just not a great player at PF. Also, Okafor looks like a future hall of famer at times, his footwork and touch is that good. It would be a no brainer for Philly to try and trade Noel for a good wing to compliment Okafor.

Payton looks much more aggressive tonight, he is taking it into the paint and scoring or kicking it out to open shooters. You all who think he should be benched in favor of Watson need to realize that this kid and yes he is still a kid. Is playing the toughest position to play and this is his 3rd coach in a little over a year. His talent is far and above Watson or Napier. You will see, just like tonight. Patience, please.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this. I mentioned before that I think Skiles is quite comfortable playing the hot hand at PG. Start Elfrid and if he struggles you can always bring in the other guys.

Russell has a lot of pressure to perform for the Lakers

Good point. The Lakers may have really blown that pick even though Russel potentially is a great player.

Okafor looks like the guy we expected coming out of HS - a true NBA star C.

I don't think anyone disagrees with this. I mentioned before that I think Skiles is quite comfortable playing the hot hand at PG. Start Elfrid and if he struggles you can always bring in the other guys.

I have seen posts about this exact thing, that payton should be benched. Skiles needs a little patience with Elf as well. I would not say that Watson has a hot hand in ANY games this year, he is just a veteran and that's ALL.

• Upvote 1

Harris will get plenty of play at the end of the game. Glad Hezonja has moved in closer, making some confidence builders. Payton looks more settled. Oladipo needs the ball more I think, to get it going. Gordon is great as a role player for now. Just don't play down to the Sixers and should do fine.

Don't know what is with the slow stretches with the starters. Glad Skiles is questioning why they aren't working like they are in the NBA!

Philly most likely will shop Noel to a team who needs a 5. Noel is just not a great player at PF. Also, Okafor looks like a future hall of famer at times, his footwork and touch is that good. It would be a no brainer for Philly to try and trade Noel for a good wing to compliment Okafor.

We could use Noel for sure! I think he would work better than Vucevic does for us. But don't see a trade without a 3rd team involved.

Again, I think Skiles is doing the right thing in starting Payton and then if he is off, sliding in Shabazz or Watson.

Our most efficient lineup has CJ Watson at PG with the starters.

It's not a bold statement to say Elfrid should start. Everyone would prefer that to happen. He is our most talented PG.