Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Basically they have flaws that project negatively at both three and four.

Durant is really tall and they worried about his lateral quickness defending threes. But they also worried about his weight against fours.

Draymond they worried about how he was a four in a threes body but didn't have a perimeter game to play three.

That GREEK FREAK tho!!! He is a Durant/Draymond Hybrid player. The perfect combination.

4 triple doubles already. That guy is something.

Henry! make it happen!.

Basically they have flaws that project negatively at both three and four.

Durant is really tall and they worried about his lateral quickness defending threes. But they also worried about his weight against fours.

Draymond they worried about how he was a four in a threes body but didn't have a perimeter game to play three.

Charles Barkley was a 4 in a 2 guard body. Marion was a 4 in a 2/3 body.

My point is, unless your Marcus Fizer, who cares? AG is a rare breed. If he can produce at the 4, he's a 4. The whole tweener argument is so far down the totem pole of importance.

The game has changed so much today in that being a "tweener" at the 4 is pretty much the standard. SVG was ahead of the curve when he moved Rashard Lewis to PF.

also I think I should point out that I don't think randle is going to be some scrub. I think he's going to be somewhere between Emeka Okafor with much less defense and Carlos Boozer.

Maybe Charles Oakley.

The game has changed so much today in that being a "tweener" at the 4 is pretty much the standard. SVG was ahead of the curve when he moved Rashard Lewis to PF.

It has and it hasn't. Refs and NBA in general has softened the game considerably. However players who were equipped with skills that didn't match their physical size have been around for a long time. Magic Johnson was a 6'9 pg who played C when Jabbar was out. Barkley was a 6'6 rebounding machine at pf. Zeke was a sg in a PG's body although he did distribute. Rodman was a pf at 6'7 or so. Anthony Mason had the height of a sf but played the pf spot. I can name so many others.

In the end it's about your strengths, weaknesses, and ones role on the team.

It has and it hasn't. Refs and NBA in general has softened the game considerably. However players who were equipped with skills that didn't match their physical size have been around for a long time. Magic Johnson was a 6'9 pg who played C when Jabbar was out. Barkley was a 6'6 rebounding machine at pf. Zeke was a sg in a PG's body although he did distribute. Rodman was a pf at 6'7 or so. Anthony Mason had the height of a sf but played the pf spot. I can name so many others.

My point is that it is much more prominent now with the everyday player, not just HOFers and award-winning players who naturally provide exceptions. 10-20 years ago, guys like Luol Deng, Matt Barnes, Jeff Green, Trevor Ariza, etc. aren't playing at PF like they are now.

But yes, rule changes have an affect, as does the increased emphasis on the 3 ball.

its like that for every sport. 99% of a position falls into a set expectation for skillset/size/athleticism. Only the exceptional can overcome that. Drew Brees and Russell Wilson are too short to play QB. Steve Smith is too short to play WR. Aaron Donald is too short to play DT. Messi is too short to be a forward.

You shouldn't dismiss players because of their height but you shouldn't act like exceptions mean anyone can do it.

My point is that it is much more prominent now with the everyday player, not just HOFers and award-winning players who naturally provide exceptions. 10-20 years ago, guys like Luol Deng, Matt Barnes, Jeff Green, Trevor Ariza, etc. aren't playing at PF like they are now.

But yes, rule changes have an affect, as does the increased emphasis on the 3 ball.

Anthony Mason isn't a hall of famer. Not that I know of at least.

Like I said though, I can name many others. I just chose the obvious.

Anthony Mason isn't a hall of famer. Not that I know of at least.

Like I said though, I can name many others. I just chose the obvious.

Anthony Mason is a pretty weird player.

His most successful year was on the 96-97 hornets which were a pretty weird team. Way ahead of their time. 6 of their top 10 players shot 40%+ from three. Bogues-curry-rice-mason-divac was a pretty solid lineup.